Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Academy Home Movies, Thank You TCM

Hi everyone...

I never had a better time in my entire life than I did at the TCM Classic Film Festival. It really was pure heaven to go to one screening after the other and to meet so many classic film fans. I really didn't believe there were others with whom I shared a similar passion to the same extent. If someone said you can go to Paris, Hawaii, Rome ...wherever or the TCM Film Festival...I'd choose the festival.

One of my favorite events was the Home Movies from the Academy collection. They were amazing..to see Carole Lombard, Hedy Lamarr, Fred MacMurray and little Margaret O'Brien enjoying life, not in character, but as themselves, wow. They looked just as beautiful in home movies frolicking around as they did professionally photographed.

I asked the lady from the Academy if TCM might do a special airing. these films. They could have Kate MacMurray and Margaret O'Brien etc.. narrate just as they did at the screening. She said ask TCM, the

Academy is willing. So what do you think everyone? If TCM monitors this message board, let's let them know how welcome a star home movies special would be.

I never met a nicer group of people than TCM fans. I actually enjoyed standing in line. I met two friends not too far from me that I am sure I'll have for life. Thank you TCM!

Dina-Marie

www.classichollywoodbios.com

The "Academy Home Movies" presentation in Club TCM was quite the event. It was made all the better with the presence of family members (or, as in the case of Margaret O'Brien, the star themself) there to narrate the images. It reached perfection when watching Margaret O'Brien's ballet class films made around the time of *The Unfinished Dance* and she said to the audience "You know, I admit I still wear pigtails on occasion." Bliss!

The pair from the Motion Picture Academy did a great job with the film selection. And they said the images shown on Saturday only scratched the surface of collection as the Academy has many hours worth of such "home movies" in its vault. I highly recommend that TCM consider making the "Hollywood Home Movies" presentation an annual event for Club TCM with a new edition each year. The Academy sounded very receptive to just such an idea. And the passholders sure enjoyed them. 'lzcutter' nearly swooned more than once at the homemade 1947 Hollywood "travelogue".

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Apr 20, 2012 5:13 PM

> I highly recommend that TCM consider making the "Hollywood Home Movies" presentation an annual event for Club TCM with a new edition each year. The Academy sounded very receptive to just such an idea. And the passholders sure enjoyed them.

Chief,

I totally concur! This was my favorite Club TCM presentation this year. Randy Haberkamp and Lynne Kirste did a great job with the presentation! I so thought of Patful while watching the home movies. Between all the gams and Margaret O'Brien in person, he would have been in heaven.

I do hope that TCM and the Academy will do more presentations like this next year!

The color behind-the-scenes footage of *Gunga Din* and *Gone With the Wind* was terrific. Gable and Leigh certainly looked like they were getting along off the set.

A shirtless Gilbert Roland? OMG!!!!! And Caesar Romero was very suave as well.

> 'lzcutter' nearly swooned more than once at the homemade 1947 Hollywood "travelogue".

That one was my favorite. NBC Radio over on Vine, the old CBS radio studio at Columbia Square, the black and gold Warners pylon sign that used to advertise their theater (today the LA Film School theater), the Mocambo and best of all, night time footage of the neon signs that used to grace the Blvd.

Made this City of Angels history buff more home sick than I have been in quite some time!