Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP!!! I can only see in Black and White!

What an amazing time! I was able to catch 17 events over 3 1/2 days. :0

From the looks of things I saw 14 things in black and white. I may not be able to see in color for several weeks! - Yancey

THURSDAY

The Wolf Man 1941

Criss Cross 1949

FRIDAY

Wings 1927

I'm No Angel 1933

Baby Peggy: The Elephant in the Room 2010

Cry Danger 1951

Chinatown 1976

SATURDAY

Who Done It? 1942

A Fine Mess: Laurel and Hardy Shorts

Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs 1937

Counsellor-at-Law 1933

The Black Cat 1934

A Night to Remember 1958

SUNDAY

A Trip to the Moon and Beyond

Raw Deal

Short Subject: The Films of Baby Peggy 1921-1922

The Thief of Bagdad 1924

Wow! 17 screenings, including SIX just on Saturday. And that is not counting the shorts separately. You must have seen more than 30 separate films over the weekend. That is one great ROI (return on investment) sir!

I hope you have already decided to save up to return next year. And maybe you should put aside a few extra bucks each week so you can take a room in the neighborhood and catch a few more minutes of sleep.

Kyle In Hollywood

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}Wow! 17 screenings, including SIX just on Saturday. And that is not counting the shorts separately. You must have seen more than 30 separate films over the weekend. That is one great ROI (return on investment) sir! <wink>

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

Kyle -

I was going to try and make Duck Soup to make it 18.

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER went a little long but was so incredibly fascinating 12 of us cornered Don Lynch and peppered him with another 30 minutes worth of questions. He was extremely gracious to allow us to do that. Frankly we 12 could have talked about Titanic all night. I suspect he may have been OK with it too but they had to close the theater.

Another marvelous TCM memory.

Yancey

Yancey,

It looks like you and I had very similar schedules. You obviously have impeccable taste.

I thought *Thief of Bagdad* was the perfect ending for the festival. Look forward to meeting you next year at IV.

Kyle, my roomies and I didn't keep you awake with our late night parties, did we? :))

David in Seattle

Yikes, 17!!! They must have propped your eyes open with toothpicks! I am sitting here bleary-eyed two days later.

I was at:

Sullivan's Travels

Wings

Raw Deal

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Two for the Road

3-D Rarities

Dr. No

Singin' in the Rain

A Night to Remember

A Trip to the Moon

Call Her Savage

Rio Bravo

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House

plus Club TCM:

Meet TCM

Part of the The Maltese Touch of Evil

Part of Imagemakers

Lobby:

Various tapings of interviews by Robert O.

And yet, LOL, I look at the program schedule book and feel like I missed so many films! (due to 5 different films playing at the same time, but you can only be at one.)

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}Yikes, 17!!! They must have propped your eyes open with toothpicks! I am sitting here bleary-eyed two days later.

>

> plus Club TCM:

> Meet TCM

> Part of the The Maltese Touch of Evil

>

> Lobby:

> Various tapings of interviews by Robert O.

>

> And yet, LOL, I look at the program schedule book and feel like I missed so many films! (due to 5 different films playing at the same time, but you can only be at one.)filmlover -

I was at Meet TCM too, Forgot about that one. Plus a few of the RO tapings in the Lobby. Not as many as last year though.

There were some very hard choices this year for me. Overall I am quite contented with what I saw and don't feel like there was any one film I wished I had seen instead.

I also feel like I was scheduling my own personal TCM viewing for the week. Which is pretty cool.

Yancey