Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dmallon

Dangerous Days of Kiowa Jones

There are times where the best available print of a classic movie is a poor one, and then there is no alternative. But for TCM to be showing this film, (not a classic by any means), in this condition is absurd. It looks like a 3-D movie when you're not wearing glasses. Show something else.

I agree - I started to watch it, but the image is too fuzzy. Not that I expect a 45-year-old TV movie to be in any decent shape these days.

But with THE GREEN SLIME running tonight, it's not too often that one gets to see two Robert Horton films within 24 hours.

Dmallon, I thought the same 3-D thing when I tuned into it for a few. Too bad. I always kinda liked Horton since his TV show *Shennandoah* .

Sepiatone

I wondered whether it was a VHS recording of an over-the-air telecast -- seriously, it had that much ghosting.

I trust surely it was a goof, akin to when they mistakenly aired a version of Li'l Abner that showed the rigging of the sets at the top of the screen.

...and in checking the information on IMDB, this is a case of a tv movie shown theatrically overseas, so what does it matter of it's a made-for-tv film?

>so what does it matter of it's a made-for-tv film?

It wasn't a "classic movie". It was mostly filmed on a sound stage. It was low budget. The image wasn't any good because it had an "echo" image on the right side of everything. The plot wasn't any good. It was a cheap low-budget TV show from 1966.

If TCM wants to start showing cheap TV shows then it should change the name of this channel and reduce our cable bill.