Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IT Took Awhile But Now I Can Say THANKS TCM

:x And I will stand by that or this statement , It seemed that everytime I went to TCM a war movie was on, John Wayne .....or Bora Bora Bora. And so on... I did complain a few years ago and I am glad I did, I am not taking any credit for anything but I am so glad to see TCM so very "rounded" out!

Now we have Spring Break!! I had not seen any of those movies in years, Judy Garland Musicals , Betty Garrett , Doris Day just singing away, Anchors Aweigh and so very many more.

Doris Day what a great tribute and I have to say the changes that are being made have kept my TV on TCM... The Birthday Tributes are now Jems! I could not say that awhile ago.

it was lopsided and I hardly watched, I almost gave up.

Now it is great, I would love to see more Debbie Reynolds, maybe just some comedies?

I thought she did them justice as the great Musicals came to a close much to soon. (for me)

Jane Powell ran into this problem.... Nothing brightens up my day more, especially on the weekend as I get some work done and can sit and watch some Gene Kelly/Frank Sinatra and Vera Ellen! SO MANY MORE! Yep! I am loving it.. KEEP IT UP TCM ...BIG THANKS

I guess no one agrees but I care not, so happy not to watch the same shows over and over again;

> {quote:title=pamala wrote:}{quote}:x And I will stand by that or this statement , It seemed that everytime I went to TCM a war movie was on, John Wayne .....or Bora Bora Bora. And so on... I did complain a few years ago and I am glad I did, I am not taking any credit for anything but I am so glad to see TCM so very "rounded" out!

>

> Now we have Spring Break!! I had not seen any of those movies in years, Judy Garland Musicals , Betty Garrett , Doris Day just singing away, Anchors Aweigh and so very many more.

> Doris Day what a great tribute and I have to say the changes that are being made have kept my TV on TCM... The Birthday Tributes are now Jems! I could not say that awhile ago.

> it was lopsided and I hardly watched, I almost gave up.

> Now it is great, I would love to see more Debbie Reynolds, maybe just some comedies?

> I thought she did them justice as the great Musicals came to a close much to soon. (for me)

> Jane Powell ran into this problem.... Nothing brightens up my day more, especially on the weekend as I get some work done and can sit and watch some Gene Kelly/Frank Sinatra and Vera Ellen! SO MANY MORE! Yep! I am loving it.. KEEP IT UP TCM ...BIG THANKS

• 1 month later...

I come again to thank those who are saying Happy Birthday to all the Legends .Sunday is Judy Garlands Day ; what a feast for myself, although I have most of the movies it is so refreshing to

hear the host , usually Robert Osborne tell us more trivia or remind us of what has been forgotten. I absolutely loved a comment or 'no comment' he made as on my TV Guide it said "State Fair" with

Pat Boone was to be on, instead it was a Navy comedy? I am embarrassed to have forgotten the name

It had many unbelievable things going on but the one that stood out was Buddy Hackett acting

in all sincerity as a Native American; which Robert Osborne smirked and offered 'no comment' as

to the casting. Indeed, sometimes in all the beautiful moments will come a written line so racist

it is hard not to cringe.

I chose not to watch the movie as it offered nothing actually funny. It was infact embarrassing to watch

five minutes of Pat Boone, Barbara Eden and Buddy Hackett without not asking for apologies.

Does someone really want to ACT that badly? I would hope not , but yet there it was with all the

players. Maybe I choose not to remember the name?

Anyway, Thanks for the wonderful movies of which musicals and comedy I so love!