Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
47songs

Where Angels Go Trouble Follows

I've seen this movie several times on TCM. However, I don't consider it as likable as the original Trouble With Angels, which I never see on TCM. Is it me? Am I just missing it in the way of timing?

I mean, I own the original in DVD form, so I can put it on anytime. But I like seeing my favorites played on the station knowing that others are watching it with me.

So, is it me?

Edited by: 47songs on Apr 22, 2012 3:26 PM

No, it's not you. I was wondering the same thing.

I think the first movie was better, but I haven't seen it on TCM in many years.

I agree with you both. I think The Trouble With Angels is a better film. I have the tape and watched it just a week ago. I think the theme song in Where Angels Go Trouble Follows that's sung throughout the entire film is awful. I don't remember TCM showing The Trouble With Angels in a few years and I wish TCM would.

I've seen the second but not the first, so I can't comment. However, when my hometown of Oxon Hill MD got its first theater, the LOEWS OXON HILL, THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS played there for what seemed like an eternity.

The eight year old me desperately wanted a cowboy flic to get there so I could go see the new theater.

It was on today, and I agree. It wasn't much of a song. This one was filmed during the 60's and it had that cheap almost campy kind of look about it.

The best thing about the second movie was, I mean besides Roz Russell, that the character Marvel Ann, and the actress who played her was back in it. And also Mary Wickes.

Not sure if it would be your cup of tea, but if you get the chance, see it. No, it's not a great movie, but it has a certain charm about it. It was directed by Ida Lapino.

A girlfriend of mine and I quote some of the lines in the movie that we just adore. She had a mug made for me as a gift and had some of those lines written on it.

The two girls who know how to get into more trouble than any two girls in an all girl catholic school can, seem to always have a new "*scathingly brilliant idea!*" Just a lot of fun.

I'd say just be patient because The Trouble with Angels will surely come around again. A few years ago I remember it played several times while I was thinking the opposite -- "Wish they'd play Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows..."

And, yes, "scathingly brilliant idea" is a line a lot of people have appropriated from the original! :)