Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
neurochelle

who is the female voice over for the TCM announcements?

The female voice over has a wonderful, clear, attractive voice, and she sounds so familiar to me but I can't place her. She is an excellent choice, but its driving me a little crazy that I can't place her name? Who is she?

If you are speaking of the woman who does the "Coming Up Next On TCM" announcements that follow every film on the channel, she is not a household name. Perhaps you may recogize her voice from other voice-over projects?

The young woman was at the latest TCM Classic Film Festival and I was introduced to her but, alas, I have forgotten her name. I believe she is based in Los Angeles.

I believe a different woman provides the voice-over for the monthly "Movie News" promo.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Apr 29, 2012 8:27 AM

Her name is Robin Bittman. http://robinbittman.com/

Her longest gig, aside from TCM, was as the voice of Delta Airline's on-board safety video, before they started running the current one.

And yeah, she was indeed at the TCM Classic Film Festival this year.

*"Her name is Robin Bittman."* - araner1973

That's It! Thanks for adding the name. And glad to know the TCM work is her most prominent credit. "Nice work of you can get it." At least, I hope she feels that way.

I was introduced to Ms. Bittman by one of the talented producers from the TCM On-AIr / promos department who I had just met for the first time. I was so excited to tell the producer how much liked her new piece - "Spring Is Here" - that I am afraid that I unintentionally slighted Ms. Bittman.

She does a great job. And it is nice to hear a woman perform such work. It doesn't happen often enough.

Kyle In Hollywood

Thanks so much for responding, and not to slight Ms. Bittman in the least, but she is not the person I have in mind. I'll try to post a particular announcement by the woman I'm trying to place, so we're all on the same page. I absolutely love TCM, its quality through and through...although I didn't care for the recent spate of surfer movies...

I had always thought the voice was that of Lauren Bacall on a good day!

Still, that voice over is so very vibrant and excited and warm. I'd love to hear her do more voice overs or better still, narrations.

Lauren Bacall has provided the voice-over for a few promos. I believe both she and Kathleen Turner are heard intoning "You're watching Turner Classic Movies." over very brief 10 second promos.

The only other known but "uncreditted" female voice-over that I can think of is Joan Cusack who narrates some of the female "What A Character" pieces.

Kyle In Hollywood

" Thanks so much for responding, and not to slight Ms. Bittman in the least, but she is not the person I have in mind. I'll try to post a particular announcement by the woman I'm trying to place, so we're all on the same page."

If you're referring to the female voice over for the Monthly Movie News it's Stephanie March. She played Alexandra Cabot on Law & Order.

The person I'm trying to place with the marvelously clear voice does the current TCM.com ads for Greatest Gangster Films..its driving me a little nuts trying to discover who she is, I just can't place her...but congratulations to TCM for their choice!

Heh neurochelle....I get it. Cute.

The woman who does the month's movie news has a gorgeous buttery voice, but I hate when she opens with "HI". Sounds stupid.

I once had to voice a cartoon charactor, and it was the toughest thing ever! The animator tried to coax a "performance" out of me, but because he is a close friend, I was embarrassed.

He said, "just pretend you're Mae West" and he did a few lines in that persona, swinging his hips. It cracked me up and that loosened me to then became the charactor. It was still embarrassing.

I've watched well known professionals voice cartoons at Nelvana and it was amazing. Never underestimate talent, it's way harder than you think.

The female voice over person I'm trying to identify is now doing the ad for the TCM app....she has such a clear, attractive voice....and I know I've heard her do other things, but I just can't place her....