Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is Jane Greer most beautiful in OUT OF THE PAST?

To me, this is the only film in which Jane Greer is absolutely gorgeous and beautiful. In her other films, she just seems average.

I wonder if it;s her long wavy hair in this film.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm sorry. Sepia gave a great reply to the thread I'M NEW-TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS.

I'll list the first four rules:

1) Some people are picky about picture quality

2) Comcast generaly sucks

3) There are more threads dealing with women's beauty than men being handsome

4) Never, EVER say anything negative about Barbara Stanwyck

Every time I make any comment on an actress and her looks, I think of rule 3.

I agree with ginnyfan, Fred. While I agree with you that Jane is absolutely hot in OUT OF THE PAST, I find her pretty hot-cha-cha in anything I've seen her in. Another, aside from THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME, is STATION WEST, man, she really had it going on in that one!

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}To me, this is the only film in which Jane Greer is absolutely gorgeous and beautiful. In her other films, she just seems average.

>

Why, Fred, I think it's because you like bad girls. :)

I'll agree she never looked better than in *Out of the Past*, but I think she looked great in most of her films. She looked pretty hot in 1951's *The Company She Keeps*. And, although I didn't recognize her at first, she also looked good as Vivian, in three eps of Twin Peaks, and that was in 1990!

She plays the second Mrs Chaney in *Man of a Thousand Faces* Tuesday night; this is about 10 years after *Out of the Past.* This is my favorite Cagney film and I've never thought she wasn't attractive in it or her performance wasn't believable. You might want to check it out for comparison.