Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1944,Shortly before DDay.A team is sent into France,Philip Mason(Alan Ladd),Ellen Rogers(Geraldine Fitzgerald),Bennay(Richard Benedict)and Gates(Don Beddoe)In charge is CMDR Brady(Patric Knowles).Philip has little use for Ellen because he feels shes no good for that kind of work.Their mission is to knock out a vital tunnel.

Once in France,Gates is picked up by the Gestapo and killed.

Ellen meets high ranking nazi,Col Meister(John Hoyt)in charge of the tunnel.Ellen pretends to be in love with Meister in order to get Philip on the train with an explossive to destroy it.

The mission is finished and the Invasion is a sucess.Ellen,Philip and Benay meet Gestapo agent,Amadus Brink(Harold Vermilyea)who wants to defect knowing Germany has lost the war.He gives them important information which the team radios to England,but unknown to all is Amadeus superior is COL Meister,now a cripple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHPK57x44-I

Edited by: ERROL23 on May 23, 2012 8:45 PM

I must have seen OSS a dozen times before I enlisted in the Army in 1968 and subsequently entered CI. My dad was OSS under Joe Louis (little known as an OSS operative using his boxing career and friendship with Max Schmelling to gain access to Nazi intell). This movie is the premise of the Editor of the DEA Watch website (deawatch.com). OSS isn't shown enough on TCM. It would inspire many generations of future CI agents.

My biggest reward in life was having Universal Studios buy my life story as part of their Jason Bourne first film research and inclusion in 1990. Thanks for mentioning this film. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Bob or Ben will sked OSS for regular broadcasting. I think the old-timers in Langley, soon to be gone forever, would appreciate it.

Phill

http://www.americanwarlibrary.com/a44/pcole.htm

• 1 year later...