Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

By Any Other Name, II

allaboutlana

Try this one:

Theme From "Mondo Cane" + Known As the Biggest Little City In The World, _______ Has An Auto Museum That Features The Collection Of William __________ + Dion Wrote And Sang "Abraham, Martin, _____ ______" + "Common Sense" Author + Gertrude Lawrence Biopic + Jim Hawkins Worked At The Admiral Benbow ________ + The Andrews Sisters Sang "Beat Me Daddy Eight _____ ______ Bar" + Famous New York Restaurant "Toots ________" + "_____ Mice And Men " + "The _______ To Bountiful" + He Wrote "The Raven" + Dinah Manoff's Mom + "Benny _______ Joon" + Dean Martin Sang "______ The Misty Moonlight" + A Three Bagger In Baseball + She Was Sam Spade's Assistant, Effie  

Sooo..lots of good clues! From the top: More + Reno + Harrah + and John + Paine + Star + Inn + To The + Schorr's + of + Trip + Poe + Lee + and in + Triple + Lee.

Miles, you should try answering Name The Movie I posted a couple of days ago...then, If you can tell me how I do the YouTube thing, I'd love to share.

Next: Famous couple, If you don't know the words to a song, you can ___ along + "Born ____" + "____ Geste" + astronomer,  ____ Westerhout, + " Now ___ Then" + "The ___ and Jake Wade" + Sir Christopher ____ +  Irene Dunne film "____ Street" + Nat King Cole hit "For ____ We Know".  ?? 

Very clever, Starliteyes.  We have Come + Mandy + Cision or Command Decision.  You're really getting good at this little game.  Now here's a title that you may know.

Gershwin Show "Of _______ I Sing" + Seven-Up Is Known As "The  _____ Cola" + Yankee's MVP Catcher Of The Fifties + He Played A Ship's Captain In "The African Queen" + Disney Film "The _______ In The Forest" + He Led "The Untouchables" +"Rock ____ Ages" + John Cusack Was Featured In "______ John Malkovich" 

By the way, "Mandy" was done as a minstrel show number in "White Christmas".  Do you think that the producers got the idea from this little clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nDk85BxEbo

Did you recognize the very young Nicholas Brothers?

Now here's the version that Starliteyes referred to.

Lots of good clues. We have:  Thee + Un + Berra + Bull + Light + Ness + of + Being...The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Next: Title

Character actor ____ Taylor + _____ Redgrave played "Georgie Girl"  + " Oh,___ Golden Slippers" +

henchman Frank _____ of "The Untouchables".

More good clues, Edythe.   Let's see now.  We have Dub + Lynn +Dem + Nitti or "Double Indemnity".  It's a good thing that Edythe and I speak the same language now.  It makes it much easier to solve these.  Here's a title.

"Hot Dog _____ Movie" + Brand Of Cigars "_______ Masters" + Prominent Nazi Held For Many Years At Spandau Prison + "James _____     _______ Giant Peach" + David Spade Film "Joe _______" + The Sons Of The Pioneers Had A Hit With "Cool __________" + TV Series "Crazy Like A ________"

Here we have:  Thee + Dutch + Hess + and the + Dirt + Water + Fox. Have we got The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox?? 

Next: Title. '35 movie  _____ and Punishment + '66  The ____ Pebbles + Eastwood's Play _____ for Me + Billie Holiday's "_____ to Me, why must you be..... to Me" +  ____on Welles was "Citizen Kane".

??      

Here we have Crime + Sand + Misty + Mean + Ors or "Crimes And Misdemeanors".  Very good clues, Edythe.  Now. try this title"

Spencer Tracy Was "Edison, ______    ________" + Marilyn Miller Sang "_____Stole My Heart Away?" + TV Series "Two _______ Girls" +  W.C. Fields Was "_____     ______ Dick" + Sinatra Sang "Oh, Look ____ Me Now" + He Hosted "Let's Make A Deal" + "Dude, Where's My _______" + Woody Allen Directed "Sweet And _______down"

Time to move on.  This one is a person.

The Director Of "Brokeback Mountain" + Mrs. Muir Met The Ghost At ________ Cottage + Ernie's Friend On "Sesame Street" + Anthony Newley Starred In "Can Heironymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy _________ And Find True Happiness? + The Trashmen Had A Hit With "Surfin' _________" + The Great Schnozzola Sang "Inka ______a Doo" 

Hmmm: maybe Ang + Gull + Bert + Humppe + Bird + Ink (adink adoo) or  :wub: Engelbert Humperdinck.

Next: Character and title: '91 role for Warren Beatty "_____y" + "Algiers" was home of the mysterious "cas___" + " Oh I came from Alabammy with a banjo on my ____" + "And the Band _____ On" + basketball playing retriever "____ Bud" + "The Saint ____ the Tiger" + "The Boy with Green ____".    

Archived