Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sepiatone

Young Philadelphians from A Summer Place

For my birthday some years back, my daughters gave me a 50th anniversary box of *Casablanca* containing a cleaned up copy of the movie on VHS, and a book on the making of the movie. It DID mention that the set of Rick's Cafe was being used at the same time for another movie, and they had only so much time in the day to use it. Can't think of that movie's title.

It's not unusual for me to spot several different movies using the same stock footage in certain scenes, but using the same sets is something I never bothered to take notice of until seeing SUMMER PLACE. I think OZZIE AND HARRIET'S house was used in another sitcom. I guess they thought us movie goers and boob tube zombies weren't smart enough to notice.

Sepiatone

I think you are right.......and they did not foresee a time when films and TV shows would be available for purchase by the general public! Case in point, I recently bought the complete I Love Lucy series on DVD. In the episode about the charm school, Eve Whitney wears this beautiful fringed shawl that caught my eye right away. Later on in the series, The Black Wig episode shows Lucy going to meet Ricky wearing the same shawl. And these 2 episodes were both filmed in Season Three, only 3 months apart! Another obvious wardrobe loan was the the gorgeous dress that Ann Blythe wore in Mildred Pierce. In the scene where Joan Crawford walks in on Veda and Monty at the piano, there is a great shot of this gown in all it's glory. About 3 weeks ago I was watching a TCM short, and this girl suddenly dances across the screen in that dress! And BTW, she did it no justice...........

Edited by: Geminigirl on Jun 21, 2012 1:35 PM