Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posting photos (movie stills, etc.)

A general message to anyone out there in the Union who can instruct an old man new to computers: how do you post photos (of movie stills, actors, etc.) in your posts? I would appreciate instruction; so many of you post great shots of actors and movie photos- and I just don't know how to do it. Your help would be appreciated. Cpeteshamus

There are a couple of methods.

If you want to post a picture that is from another website, right-click on the picture, select "properties," and then highlight the URL address of the photo. Paste the URL address into your post, and place an exclamation point at the beginning and end of the address.

If you want to post a picture from your collection, upload the picture to a site like photobucket (which is free - go to http://photobucket.com/). Photobucket will assign a URL to the picture, and then you can paste it into your post, again with an exclamation point at the beginning and end of the address.

I'll try to start you out. You need to have the image only on your screen and on the Address Bar copy and paste the .jpg or whatever image extension to the message box and add an exclamation mark at both ends of the pasted address. Make certain there are no spaces.

Here is an example, I just got off Google researching the movie "Antonioni's L'Avventura". I mostly use Google Images for my photos, emoticons, etc.

So start up a second webpage seperate from this one and go to Google.com then click on Images. On the search type Antonioni's L'Avventura

Click on the first image and then click on that same image on the proceeding page. You then should only see the photo. Copy and paste from the address bar http://matchcuts.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/1083303184_f9fa31da4e.jpg

Add the exclamation marks on both ends.

1083303184_f9fa31da4e.jpg

Many websites are image protected and the result will be a red dot on the top left corner. Don't use images from Rottentomatoes or from sites selling posters, stills, etc. They are protected.

I try to use blog sites. Hope this start you off.

Edited by: hamradio on Jun 17, 2012 2:17 PM

For me it's very easy, go on the web and find the pic you want, and I just right click right on the picture itself, choose copy and then come here and paste it!

(Here on the message box I have to choose plan text above to be able to write or paste anything, I don't know if it's the same for everyone)

River of no Return (1954):

h2. paradisehunter-2011042763909-64108513-or

h2. platinumfan-2011060823533-Annex__Monroe_

This is a test. Pardon me if it doesn't work.

38_John%20Wayne%20Gary%20Cooper.jpg

Yah, it worked. I did this by a right click Copy on the photo on a web site, then right click Paste under Rich Text on this thread. Simple! (I was using Internet Explorer, if that makes any difference).

Edited by: TomJH on Jun 17, 2012 7:01 PM