Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lindsay Lohan as Liz Taylor

Lohan is really a substatially talented young actress. Too many are factoring in the abymally poor choices she made in her private life.

And she's playing an actress who obviously made a few wrong decisions in her life as well as a few headlines in the tabloids to boot.

This TV show will probably be watched mainly by people who don't know who Elizabeth Taylor was, and who haven't seen any of her films. Similar to the 1960s-70s films about Jean Harlow.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}Somehow, Liz was never considered a buffoon (buffoonette?) the way Lohan is.

Maybe not, but as far as I know, the Pope has yet to denounce Lohan. Fifty years ago, the Taylor/Burton scandal was the subject for stand-up comedians and gossip columnists. It was a different era, but she was villified in the way that was typical then in the days before the web and TMZ and The E Channel.

As Noah Cross said in CHINATOWN: "Of course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough."

Maybe someday Lohan will have her champions.

Au contraire, finance.

Word is Pope Benny is a BIG fan of that "Freaky Friday" remake!

(...he especially liked the idea the producers of it had where nobody ate meat on the day it all took place...just fish)

darkblue wrote:

<< Devout Roman Catholics. Relatively small group, that. >>

I thought I Google that and got a not so expected results.

I first type *How many Catholics are there?* and the results I got was approx 1.4 billion.

Then I typed *How many devout Catholics are there?* Only Nancy Pelosi's name came up and couldn't see any other info concerning numbers.

Very small indeed! ****

"I think this is brilliant Casting! Now whether she can pull it off or not is another thing. But rest assured its a "Lifetime" Original Film so she won't see any Box Office withdrawal just in case it doesn't work. The parallels between her own turbulent life and Miss Taylor's are similiar. For those that like to forget, Liz had her share of problems for sure!

Just a thought, that It appears that so many of the legal troubles of young celebrities (especially Lindsay Lohan) stem from vehicular incidents. Back in Elizabeth Taylor's day, stars were content to be chauffeured when out on the town. In fact, being driven around was a sign that you had really "made it". I think Lindsay could take a cue from Liz and her era, and leave the driving to someone else!

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}Does anyone know who wrote the script?

The writer's a guy named Christopher ****. Of his credits on imdb.com, the most familiar to me was a 1995 feature film called "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain" starring Hugh Grant.

Daily Beast has an article called " ‘Liz & Dick’: 8 Crazy Scenes from Lindsay Lohan’s Elizabeth Taylor Biopic." For those of us hoping to see a classy treatment of two of our idols, it doesn't bode well:

http://tinyurl.com/7d8kv5q

**** is, however, a Welshman like Richard Burton so maybe that'll help ... ?

As for those trying to equate Lohan's personal problems with Taylor's, it strikes me as a pretty odious comparison.

Elizabeth (who BTW hated being called "Liz") never sank to the depths Lohan has with her multiple drug convictions, jail time, DUI's, hit-and-run accidents, falling down drunk in public, etc.

And though Taylor sought help much later in life, she faced her addictions very bravely and head-on, enjoying many years of uninterrupted sobriety as a result. Lohan has on occasion reportedly gone directly from rehab to her dealer's house.

I also found it highly admirable that despite having guarded her privacy like a junk yard dog, Taylor went public with many intimate personal details of her addictions and recovery -- for the sole purpose of helping others.

Lohan on the other hand griped about her community service and showed up in court with the f-word emblazoned on her fingernails.

Whatever ... I don't mean to be bashing Lohan, and I hope "Liz and Dick" helps put her career back on track.

But what I really hope is that she can finally find the strength to avoid joining the parade of Hollywood drug deaths that stretches from Olive Thomas and Wally Reid in the 1920s to Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson so recently.

Here's Lohan as "Liz" with Grant Bowler as "Dick" ...

LizandDick2a.jpg

I don't think she has talent as an actress, Lohan struggles on camera, and she hasn't had any former training in acting, just like megan fox who is equally hard to watch, I don't know why it's so hard for them to take drama in L.A. where the some of the major technique academies are, and they are such wannabes Marilyn Monroe as if Marilyn was like them!, Marilyn studied The Method with Lee Strasberg for almost eight years of her life.

Yeah...she doesn't look that bad, with photoshop, look at her here! trashy is not even the word! I felt bad for her the last couple of months of her trial, as I was going through one myself and know what that feels like, but I don't think this will do her any good..

lindsay-lohan-liz-dick-fight-scene-with-

I don't think she has talent as an actress

You're right, she doesn't.

She wasn't too horrid in Freaky Friday, but after that, she just demonstrated that she's a no-talent hack, albeit a 'star', as many no-talent hacks who call themselves 'actors' are in this country.