Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite film soundtracks or film songs

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2012 at 10:27 AM, Terrence1 said:

The very first soundtrack that I fell in love with is Alfred Newman's music for "The Egyptian." It is such a beautiful score and, fortunately, it's available on CD now. Because of this movie, Mr. Newman became my all-time favorite composer for the movies. Of course, there are others that I like, but this one holds a special place for me, since it was the first one that I really noticed.

Terrence.

Responding to this a little late. The Egyptian is also one of my favorite films/scores. The score is actually by two composers: Alfred Newman and Bernard Herrmann. So many great themes, and different styles, in the film. I particularly like the music that goes with the W_hore of Babylon scene. It plays behind the meeting of Sinuhe and Nefer.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really have a specific favorite soundtrack, but this classic by Erich Wolfgang Korngold would be in my Top 3. An Oscar win and well-deserved!!!

Main title from The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

Also...

Theme from Zulu by John Barry

And...

I'm a big fan of all the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers films, and I find myself humming this tune a lot from Carefree. ❤️

4 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Don't forget Bernard Herrmann: he wrote the score of many of Hitchcock's masterpieces, as well as scores such as "The Day the Earth Stood Steel" "Journey to the Center of the Earth", The Ghost and Mrs Muir", "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad", etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 8:39 PM, Paulll said:

I feel like the music score for Mississippi Burning is underrated. Great movie about a sad and scary time in American History. 

I agree Trevor Jones pounding score was very strong   He also had an even more powerful score for 1985's RUNAWAY TRAIN

• Thanks 1
On 1/4/2020 at 1:36 PM, JakeHolman said:

& so far-(momentum with the Academy awards can change quickly) this stands to take home statuettes for Pitt,  0, Screenplay and Production Design

On 12/21/2019 at 9:10 PM, Rudy's Girl said:

I don't really have a specific favorite soundtrack, but this classic by Erich Wolfgang Korngold would be in my Top 3. An Oscar win and well-deserved!!!

Main title from The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

Also...

Theme from Zulu by John Barry

And...

I'm a big fan of all the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers films, and I find myself humming this tune a lot from Carefree. ❤️

AFI in 2006 special survey from The Hollywood Bowl & with John Williams conducting voted Robin Hood all-time #11th greatest score

To Jake, is this a top 5 or 10 question or just our #1>

My personal favorite to date is a tie  between Ennio Morricone's 1969 0nce Upon a Time in the West and his 1984 Once Upon a Time in America (directors cut)

Sure you have seen how AFI American Film Institute voted in the non televised survey & concert

1 Star Wars (l977) (J. Williams) lead barely over GWTW (Max Steiner)