Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Watched 3 pre-codes on Youtube today...

Bebecat

I came across some pre-code movies posted in full on youtube today...the ones I watched are "Secrets of a Secretary" with Claudette Colbert, "Street Scene" with Sylvia Sidney and "Lonely Wives" with Patsy Ruth Miller and Edward Everett Horton (in a dual role).

"Lonely Wives" is a bit of comic fluff with some cute zingers and Patsy Ruth Miller is adorable as a sexy secreatry.

Claudette Colbert is quite good in "Secrets of a Secretary" which also stars the handsome Herbet Marshall.

"Street Scenes" is a kind of social commentary, takes place in a neighborhood of immigrants on a hot summer night. Sylvia Sidney plays a beautiful but discontented wife.

All three are worth checking out. I especially enjoyed "Lonely Wives" for the acting performances in a lightweight film.

Hoping to find more of these unknown (to me) gems.

All three have been on TCM. Street Scenes just last week. You Tube videos are typically aged dupes left over from whatever TV station that had discarded them. if this is the only format they can be viewed in, it is better than nothing. TCM typically always tries to get the best print available.

Archived