Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name a movie you haven't seen in years but want to see again

MovieMadness

Here's a strange Paramount film that should be part of 31 Days of Oscar but never seems to make it:

*The Scoundrel* *(1935)*

I bet I haven't seen it in 30 years. Crazy story, Unusual cast. Really the whole thing is out there.

D: Ben Hecht, Charles MacArthur. Noel Coward, Julie Haydon, Stanley Ridges, Martha Sleeper, Ernest Cossart, Eduardo Ciannelli, Alexander Woollcott, Lionel Stander.

Fascinating Hecht-MacArthur original about a cynical, self-centered N.Y.C. publisher who toys with other people's lives--until his own existence is put on the line. Bizarre, sophisticated, indulgent--and unique. Coward, in his first starring film, puts over a challenging and unusual role. Famed critic/ curmudgeon Woollcott plays one of the hangers-on, while Hecht and MacArthur have a funny flop-house cameo.

Academy Award winner for Best Original Story.

How about it TCM - get those rights issues straightened out for this Lost and Found film!

Yancey

One I can think of is *Top Banana* , with Phil Silvers and Rose Marie. Haven't seen it since my age was a single digit, and really don't recall much about it except the song.

Sepiatone

TOP BANANA was on TCM about a year or so ago. I remember this because it was pre-empted due to a memorial tribute. But then it showed up about three or four months later and I made sure I watched it. Maybe it will re-air again sometime.

There is one film that qualifies under this description for me. When I was in college, a professor screened John Huston's FREUD. At the time I took it for granted that I would see it again, not realizing its rare status. It has some rather vivid hypnosis scenes and as a result stands out in my memory. Montgomery Clift portrays the title character, and Larry Parks has a strong supporting part despite his Hollywood blacklisting.

Recently, I found a copy of this on the internet. I am eager for it to arrive and to see if the film holds up as well as I remember it.

Wow, this is a difficult choice. Picking just one when there are so many. I usually request well over 25 movies everyday on the 'Request A Movie'. But if I'm only allowed one, it would have to be "Hollywood Or Bust" (1956).

This is the last movie Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis made as a team. Jerry Lewis has remarked that he was so devasted by their break-up that he never viewed this movie. I think it would be great if Jerry Lewis would showcase this movie and share his thoughts as 'Guest Programmer' sometime soon while he is still living.

I'd love to see CRIME WITHOUT PASSION (1934) again. I only saw it once in the 1980s, and only remember that it was a very compelling crime drama, co-directed by Ben Hecht and Charles MacArthur. Even though I don't remember any of the details, I do remember that I really enjoyed it, so I'd like to check it out again.

Another movie I haven't seen for years -- even longer, since the early 70s -- is THE COMIC (1969), Carl Reiner's story of a retired silent movie star, played by Dick Van Dyke, looking back on his life. I remember this movie being the lynchpin of my youthful interest in silent movies. I can actually see this one any time I want to, because I recorded it when TCM played it when Mickey Rooney (playing DVD's sidekick from the silent days) was Star of the Month in Dec. 2010. I really should watch this movie in the near future, and see if I enjoy as much as I did when I was a youngster.

There was a British caper/heist movie called DIAMONDS FOR BREAKFAST that I watched 25 years ago. It made in the late 60's, right at the hieght of London Mod. basica plot was a descendent of the Russian Czar's family was trying to steal the Czar's jewels from a museum in Britain. I remember very little about it except that I enjoyed the film. I saw it late one night on WGN, back when they did show movies on that channel, and I was working an evening shift in the summer between college years, came home from work and found it. Would very much like to watch it again.

I hope you don't mind if I go slightly off track but there are 2 TV shows that has not been aired since the 1960's. This is what TVLand *suppose* to be for but they show stuff too recent.

I am not interested in Youtube.

*Art Linkletter House Party*

art-linkletterjpg-32cb1cdc192e221c_large

*The FBI with Efrem Zimbalist jr.*

ss2220192_-_photograph_of_efrem_zimbalis

> yancycravat wrote, Here's a strange Paramount film that should be >part of 31 Days of Oscar but never seems to make it: The Scoundrel (1935)

I agree! I havent seen it in about 20 years or so. I would also like to see THE SILVER CORD (1933) again, but I think that it is held up with some kind of rights issue. :(

{font:arial, helvetica, sans-serif}I would also like to see THE SILVER CORD (1933) again, but I think that it is held up with some kind of rights issue. {font}:(

I came on to vote for that one, but you beat me to it! When I saw this last there were no VCRs, much less DVD recorders...

BLU

"The Siege of Syracuse" with Rossano Brazzi and Tina Louise....I saw it on tv when I was a kid in an English dubbed print and it was really cool.

"Land of Fury" , the U.S. release of the U.K. film "The Seekers", a great story of the early settlers clashing with the Maoris of New Zealand, with Jack Hawkins and Glynis Johns.

Archived