Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CONTINUED NEXT WEEK.........

kenwal34

Serial fans..Its Saturday and time for ZORRO.

Chapter one.....The Golden God.

The year is 1846 and Mexico is fighting for independence.

President Benito Juarez travels in San Mendalito seeking gold from their mine.The town council assures him that he will be supplied with all the gold Mexico needs.

Unkown to Juarez,the council is planing to keep the gold and make one of their members Emperor of the Republic.Don Francisco,a council member and friend ,tells Juarez about Don del Oro,a false god who is using the Indians against the army to halt gold shipments.He assures Juarez that a group of men are ready to stop Don del Oro.When others of the council hear this, plans are made to kill Don Francisco.

At the cantina,Don Francisco is forced into a duel and mortally wounded..Suddenly a masked figure dressed in black appears and joins the fight.With his last bit of strength,Don Francisco saves Zorro from being shot.Zorro reveals himself to Don Francisco.He is his nephew Don Diego de la Vega.Zorro vows to continue his uncles fight.

He and Ramon join the council.The other councilmen,believing Don Diego to be a fop and a weakling readily accept him. The Fighting Legion is formed and quickly set out to stop Don del Oros plans.

As the gold train approaches,dynamite is planted to blow up the mountainside and block the trail. Zorro discovers this and while attempting to stop the gold train,the dynamite explodes,sending the mountain crashing down

upon him!..........

Next week...Chapter two..The Flaming Z.

Very interesting stuff Ken. It does bring me back to the old Nabes (Neighborhood Theaters) of my youth and the weekly serials when we jeered the villain and cheered the hero.

"Z" for Zorro and "Zowie" for you. Keep up the good work which reminds us of what these boards are all about...the classic stuff.

Mongo

Thanks so much for your kind words mongo!Back in the 40's and early 50's we had Nabes throughout our city. Now only the memories remain. Maybe one day we will be able to see the dashing Zorro ride across our tv screens on TCM.

Thanks again for your support!

Edge,I always loved trying to figure out how our heroes and heroines would escape falling rock slides, flaming lava, and blown-up buildings. And after they've escaped, they act as if this is just an ordinary day for them. This was especially true in G-Men vs. the Black Dragon. After Constance Worth was nearly burned to a crisp in that burning warehouse, you see her in the next scene as cool and collected as if she had returned from vacation.

First let me extend to all of you....HAPPY EASTER.

Since this the start of a busy weekend ,I have decided to post Chapter Two a day early.

Chapter Two....The Flaming Z...At the end of our last chapter ,Zorro was facing death beneath a landslide.As we continue, Zorro saves himself by using his whip, lashing a tree branch and swinging free.

Don Diego and Ramon meet with Juarez to discuss plans to stop Don del oro. Later at the council,Manuel tells everyone that Zorro was the trouble maker.A reward is offered for Zorro and his legion.

The next day a member of the legion is captured.Zorro intervenes and saves him from execution. That evening one of Don del oros men sees a flaming Z on a hillside,checks and discovers Zorros meeting place.Reporting to Don del oro,a plan to trap Zorro and his legion is made. An old church mission is bobbytrapped with gunpowder and timed to explode when everyone is inside.A false flaming Z is lit,and the legion meet inside the mission.Men are stationed around the mission to keep everyone inside.Zorro sees the Z and rides .He overhears the plot, and frees the legion. Ramon,slightly wounded,is still inside.Zorro picks him up and is attempting to get out when the powderkegs explode......

Chapter Three.....Descending Doom!

Serial Fans....

In our last episode, Zorro and Ramon were attempting an escape from the Mission as powderkegs were about to explode. They make their escape by lashing a whip around a ceiling rafter and swinging through a window to safety.

Zorro tells Juan to follow Don del oros men while he cares for Ramon.Later a message is received saying that Juan has discovered where the golden arrows {Del oros trademark} are being made.Don Diego and Ramon arrive at the mine to find Juan has been discovered. A chase insues and Juan escapes. One of Del Oros men is captured and taken back for questioning. He is killed before revealing Del Oros identity.Fearing that he will be traced to the mine,one of the council members[aka Don del Oro} orders the mine crippled to halt the investigation.Zorro arrives at the mine,a fight follows, with Zorro being knocked into a elevator shaft. Stunned, he revives just in time to see the elevator speeding toward him.......

Next week...Chapter 3.."THE BRIDGE OF PERIL".

Mongo

Glad you like it! Reed Hadley played the title role. Hadley did work for other studios as well with voice overs and character roles. His TV work included RACKET SQUAD. Hadley is considered one of the best serial Zorros.

ZORROS FIGHTING LEGION...CHAPTER 4..The Bridge of Peril.

As chapter 3 ended we left Zorro trapped in a mine shaft with an elevator coming toward him. Seeing the elevator falling,he steps behind a ladder,the elevator missing him. The legion is attacked by Indians,Zorro arrives on the scene and saves the legion. During the battle,Zorro recovers an unusually designed gun and traces it to the armory,hoping to find the owner.While there he learns of Del Oros plan to rob the munitions train and arm the Indians with rifles. He calls a meeting of the legion. Before he can get to the meeting place, he is spotted by Del Oros men and the chase begins. Reaching a suspension bridge,he attempts to cross. Unknown to him a henchman is cutting the support ropes. The bridge falls,carry Zorro toward the canyon floor.......

Next week....Chapter 5.....TheDecoy.

ZORROS FIGHTING LEGION....CHAPTER 5...THE DECOY.

At the end of chapter 4 , we left Zorro on a falling suspension bridge.As the bridge plunges downward,Zorro mananages to manuever the bridge to the side,steps off on a ledge and is safe. Del Oros men stop the munitions train and kill the guards.The wagons are unloaded and set loose to throw Zorro off the trail.Zorro finds the murdered guards and empty wagons. A plan is made to trick Del Oro into revealing the hidden guns..

At the council meeting a note is thrown through the window. It states that Zorro has found the hidden cache of weapons. Del Oro orders the Indians to guard the rifles that are being moved to a new place. The wagons are discovered by Zorro who along with his legion take the wagons away and race to another location. They are seen by Del Oros men and a fight begins. A wagon filled with explosives is set afire and sent racing toward the legion. Zorro hops aboard and tries to steer the wagon away.While doing so the wagon explodes.......

NEXT WEEK....CHAPTER 6..ZORRO TO THE RESCUE.

ZORROS FIGHTING LEGION...

CHAPTER 6....ZORRO0 TO THE RESCUE...

Last week we found Zorro aboard a burning wagon loaded with explosives. He manages to stear the wagon away from the legion,and jumps as the wagon explodes out of harms way.Out numbered, Zorro tricks Del Oros men,saves the munition wagons and delivers them to San Mendilito.

Felipe questions Ramons sister about his and Don Diegos absence from the council meeting.Suspicious,men trail and see Zorro talking to Ramon. A plan is devised to trap Zorro using Ramon as bait.

After attending church Ramon and his sister leave, unaware that their driver has been replaced by one of Del Oros men. She leaves a trail for Zorro to follow.

They are taken to an old dungeon. Pressure is used to make Ramon reveal Zorros identity..

Zorro finds the dungeon but is sighted by a guard. The guard alerts the others and a fight begins. Zorro is forced into a cell and the door locked. Del Oros use a mechanical device that slowly send the walls squeezing together.Trying to keep the walls apart, Zorro uses a wedge,but the walls continue to close.......

Next week........ Chapter 7...The Fugitive.

Ken, thanks it was great reading today! Love those closing walls too. Wondering how Zorro gets out of this

one.I watched an old Superman episode & he had closing walls with kytonite in the cell with him. That's what i

pictured today in my mind when Zorro is facing closing walls today. great stuff. Please keep it going makes

saturday's a real treat!....lolite. Have a good day &

thanks for all the effort and time you put in on this

thread ! May not say it to often but its appreciated

by us all. No doubt about it. lolite.

Thanks for the kind words lolite ! Its a pleasure for me to do it!

Aside from closing walls, there were sliding floors,dropping ceilings etc.

A trivia note..... The longest running sound serial is THE MIRACLE RIDER [1935] Tom Mix, at 300 minutes.