Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CONTINUED NEXT WEEK.........

King of the Royal Mounted.....Chapter 7..Death Tunes In..

King lies unconcious as the spiked trap desends toward him. Merritt leaps and grabs the trip rope stopping the desendng trap and saves King.

Garsons gang escapes with the fuse caps and go to await orders from Kettler.The spys have devised a method of recording their messages to fool the Mounties.Kettler orders Garson to take his gang to their base at Green Bay and remove all of the explosives stored there. Garson orders his men to re- capture Linda and King.

The men spot King and give chase but King escapes. King arrives at the hideout and captures the look out. He finds the dictaphone record and learns of Kettlers plans.

The prisoner frees himself enough to radio Garson that King is headed to Green Bay. Garson sets a trap. King is lured into a building filled with explosives. When the other Mounties arrive,King yells a warning and a gun battle begins. A fire starts engulfing the buildings. King passes out from the smoke and heat as the fire rages around him .There is a terrific explosion and......

Next Week.....Chapter 8...Satan's Cauldron.

King sure is in the heat & fire of the battle for good &

evil today to be sure! I have fun every sat trying to figure out how king gets out of his dilemna's but today's

edition has me pleasantly stumped! I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK'S INSTALLMENT!... thanks ken great summer saturday

at the matinee lolite. Have a good weekend!....

King of the Royal Mounted....Chapter 8..Satans Cauldron..

As King lies unconcious with everything exploding, Merritt rescues him from the burning building. Kings men pursues Garson with no success.

Kettler gives orders to Crandall to disable one shaft of the mine to fool the Mounties into thinking that operations have ceased on obtaining Compound X. In reality,the gang is using another shaft. Linda discovers an old map,locates the old shaft and goes there. Merritt remembers the old entrance and tells King.They go there and spot Garsons gang.King sends Merritt back for help,and follows a truck leaving the mine,not knowing that Linda was captured at the mine and is aboard the truck. King leaps aboard the truck,fights with the men and the driver is accidentaly shot.Linda grabs the wheel and steers the truck to safety.King sends Linda back and goes ahead to the place where the ore is being smeltered..

Upon arrival, King fights with the gang and is knocked toward a cauldron of molten,

bubbling hot ore. And......

Next week....Chapter 9...Espionage.

King is forever getting into a hot spot!!! phew! that

Linda is so smart wink!she gets right into the thick of things. Now King is near hot smealtering ore! right?

or is he? Well i'll find out next week how he gets out

of all his hot spots wink! Ken it gets better & better

with each chapter! love it! It's not a saturday without

a serial & some popcorn to munch on! loliteblue.

Ken, I somehow missed last weeks chapter, so I was treated today with two serials for the price of one, which you couldn't get at the matinee.

King certainly has his hands full which makes it fun for the rest of us.

And it's even better that I can imagine Allan Lane as King, romping all over the place and making it miserable for the bad guys.

Mongo

Hi Ken! You've still got me hooked on this thread...it's such fun, and certainly takes me back to those Saturday Matinee's when I was just a kid, and the "cliff hangers" that kept us enthralled and coming back from week to week. Thanks for everything you are putting into this for us! :)ML

Chapter 9....Espionage...

At the smelter King is fighting for his life. He is knocked toward a cauldron but manages to grab a railing and hold on till being rescued by his fellow Mounties.

A stray mule left at the smelter is turned loose and followed by King. The mule leads him to the place where compound X is being hidden in hollow logs. King is inspecting the logs when he attacked by one of Garsons gang . The thug escapes and reports to Kettler who orders Garson to make a pickup of compound X. King and Merritt arrive at the pickup point and attempt to stop the delivery. During the fight,a thug escapes with a bag of compound X and is followed by King. They leap into the water and King is caught in a swift current,carried over a spillway , toward a torrent of water below. And.......

Next week..Chapter 10....Blazing Guns

Chapter 10.....Blazing Guns...

King is swept through a spillway toward the rapids below.Meanwhile,Merritt,knocked unconcious, awakens in time to see King being swept over the falls. Tossing King a rope,King is pulled to safety. Garson is captured and taken to the Mountie post. Merritt tells Crandall and his sister about Garsons capture and being taken to Ottawa for questioning. Crandall radios Kettler . Kettler orders his men to get Garson away from the Mounties.King,believing that an escape plan might be made,plants a microphone inside the post and waits with Merritt.The gang arrives and tries to get Garson .King and Merritt intercept the gang and Merritt shoots Garson as he makes an attempt to escape. King follows another gang member and wounds him during a fight.Continuing on, King finds a boat .The wounded thug see King enter the boat and tells the other men and Crandall.King hears some one approach and hides in a cabin. The gang arrives with Crandall. Crandall suspects that King is in the cabin and orders everyone to empty their guns into the cabin where King is hiding.And........

Next week...Chapter 11..Master Spies.

Ken, as usual an exciting chapter. King certainly has his hands full with this group of villains. That Crandall is something else. What actor played the part?

I'm looking forward to Chapter 11 already.

Mongo

Bryant Washburn played Matt Crandall. Washburn appeared in a number of poverty row and other productions. Harry Cording[Garson],was a mainstay as a heavy in many Universal productions. Thanks for your interest Mongo.

Ken.

Chapter 11......Master Spy.

King,looking through a crack in the door,sees the men approaching.Dropping to the floor between some bags,King escapes the bullits.Diving into the lake,King escapes Kettlers men. King follows Crandall to the mine ane and arrests him.While at the post,King receives a message informing him that a replacement will be sent to replace Crandall. Kettler also hears the message,has his men meet the replacement and kills him.Kettler,posing as the replacement,meets with King. Kettlers men,posing as policemen,drive away with Crandall.A safe distance away,Crandall is released. Seeking to hide his trail,Crandall kills the men and drives away. Vinegar sees the shooting and reports to King. King follows Crandall and a gang member. Gunfire is exchanged between the two cars. Kings tire is shot out.The car plummets over an embankmenk and............

Next week ...12th and final chapter.....Code of the Mounted.

Mongo,

There are two Nyoka serials. The first is Jungle Girl[1941] starring Francis Gifford,Tom Neal and Gerald Mohr.The second is Perils of Nyoka[1942] with Kay Aldridge,Clayton Moore,Lorna Gray and Tris Coffin. Both serials run 15 chapters. I have both of these excellent serials.Anyone wishing to submit a title has one week to get their title in for consideration. Of the above titles, my personal choice is Jungle Girl .

Ken, my apologies for not visiting your always fascinating thread. I've been down in Dixie where the gin and tonics and the barbecue cast a spell that makes one never wanting to return to the sizzling hot Big Apple. For the next serial, here're two ideas: "G-Men vs. the Black Dragon" and "King of the Forest Rangers." Those two have so much action it's impossible to turn your eyes away from the screen for even a sec or you'll miss something. Another goodie is "Mysterious Doctor Satan" with that wondrously evil Edourdo Cianneli and Robert Wilcox. A bit of trivia: Wilcox had a fantastic voice--very low, musical and he looked like a dream. But--he married alcoholic Diana Barrymore and his own alcoholism became so extreme he became unemployable. But just watch him in "Mysterious Doctor Satan," and see how good he is.

Ken,

thanks for doing my favorite serial "Jungle Girl " next

on the program. I"ll have popcorn at the ready for the sat. matinee. Haven't been posting wrenched my back

badly and haven't been able to sit at the computer mostly in bed with muscle relaxers and heating pad the last two weeks but i'm glad to say i'm on the mend!

Thanks again ken for doing this thread got caught up today that mountie is going to get his man in the final chapter i just know it!....loliteblue.(but how i do not

know haven't a glue) that's the fun of it trying to guess the outcome of the final chapter.