Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CONTINUED NEXT WEEK.........

kenwal34

Mongo,

Glad your enjoying the serial.The gorilla suit made its appearence in Darkest Africa,Jungle Girl, Perils of Nyoka and Panther Girl of the Kongo. Ray" Crash" Corrigan or Emil Horne often wore the gorilla suits. Corrigan wore his suit in other films but had to do so uncredited.

Leo the lion started his career as one of the logos for early MGM movies and some locations for this serial can be spotted in Alexander Kordas Jungle Book.

JUNGLE GIRL ...Chapter 12..Trapped.

Jack lies hepless tied to a rock crusher which means certain death. Besting the Lionmen in a fight,Curly and Nyoka race to help Jack. The crusher is about to drop on Jack when the operator is shot by Curly. Nyoka is stunned by Latimer who then engages Curly in a fight. Nyoka unties Jack,grabs a gun and stops Latimer.

Latimer pulls a knife and using Curly for a shield,makes his escape.Wakimbu sees Latimer approaching and runs only to get himself caught in a tiger trap. A native saves Wakimbu and goes for help. Bradley is threatned to exposure when Wakimbu arrives for medical help. While washing his hands,Nyoka notices a scar on Bradleys arm that her father did not have.Becoming suspicous,Nyoka tells Bradley that she will finish treating Wakimbu.

Bradley tells Latimer that the three intend to fly out with the diamonds. Latimer make plans to stop them. Back at the village,Nyoka compares a fingerprint left on a scapel with another in her fathers passport.Now she knows that Bradley is not her father. Before she can get help Latimer arrives and tells her that Bradley is Johns twin brother and that he killed John.

Two of Latimers men are sent ahead to ambush Jack and Curley.

Nyoka escapes from Latimer and races to warn Jack. She is caught in a tiger trap snare with the spiked trap suspended above. The trap is sprung and begins to descend toward Nyoka and.............

Next week....Chapter 13.......Ambush.

Ken, I hope all is OK with you. I am waiting for Chapter 13 "Ambush" which I expected to appear on the boards on Saturday.

I can't wait to see how our girl Nyoka gets sprung from that tiger trap.

In any event I hope you and the family had a nice Thanksgiving.

Mongo

Mongo,

Sorry for the delay. Very busy over the weekend. Yes ,we had a good Thanksgiving. Hoping you had a great Thanksgiving also.

On with the serial....Chapter 13 ..... Ambush.

Nyoka lies trapped beneath a spiked tiger trap. As it falls toward her,she rolls away just in time.

Jack,Curly and Bradley go to the plane with the diamonds. Men wait to ambush Curly and Jack. While the shooting is going on,Bradley runs away and delivers the diamonds to Latimer. Curly is creased by a bullet but survives.Jack returns to the village to retrieve the diamonds while Curly and Nyoka go to the plane to await Jacks return. In the meantime,Latimer cannot fly out because Curly has removed part of the engine. Fearing that Jack and his friends will fly out to seek help, Latimer rigs a pistol set to fire when the steering wheel is moved forward..

Jack attempts to take the diamonds,Latimer awakens and a fight begins.Jack gets away with the diamonds and heads for the plane. Safely aboard,Jack starts the engine and slowly moves the wheel back. The pistol aimed at his chest fires,Jack is hit and the plane goes on out of control. And........

Next Week....Chapter 14....Diamond Trail.

Chapter 14.......The Diamond Trail.

As Jack prepares to take off, the pistol fires amd the plane goes out of control. Curly manages to bring the plane under control. Before Latimer arrives,Curly and Nyoka get Jack to safety . Kimbu stays behind and hides the diamonds in a flashlight. Latimer arrives and catches Kimbu . The flashlight is given to one of Latimers men. Kimbu escapes from Latimer.

Jack is saved from a mortal wound when the bullet deflects off the amulet into his shoulder. Nyoka retrieves her fathers medial instruments and is on her way to Jack when captured by Shamba.During the scuffle,the instruments are dropped. Shamba takes Nyoka to the village in an attenpt to make her tell where the diamonds are. A harpoon -like weapon with three spears and a wet rawhide strap tied to the trigger awaits Nyoka. Meanwhile Kimbu finds the instruments and

races to tell Jack and Curly.

If Nyoka does not talk[ she does not know the location] before the strap dries,the weapon will fire, killing Nyoka. Kimbu tells Jack where the diamonds are hidden and Jack goes to help Nyoka. It seems that help will arrive too late as the weapon fires sending the three spears toward Nyoka and...............

Next Week.......15th. and final chapter.....Flight To Freedom.....Jungle Girl.

Ken, it's hard to believe that next week is the final chapter of our Jungle Girl already. I certainly enjoyed going back to the Bijou once again.

Can't wait to see how those dastardly villains meet their due next week since I imagine that Nyoka will be spared the spears.

Mongo

Kimbu tells Jack and Curly about the diamonds and Nyokas capture by Shamba. Jack sends Curly ahead while he enlists the aid of the Lionmen.Curly arrives at the village,grabs a vine and swings,knocking Nyoka out the way just as the spears are released. Held captive ,Curly tells Latimer where the gems are. Latimer goes for the diamonds and Shamba prepares Nyoka and Curly for execution.

Bradley finds the diamonds and tries to doublecross Latimer. Latimer discovers that Bradley has taken some of the gems and kills him. Finding the other hidden gems,Latimer and his men go to the plane. Jack and the Lionmen rescue Nyoka and Curly ,and Shamba is killed by a spear.

Jack catches up with Latimer. Both men get aboard the plane. As it takes off ,a fight begins with Latimer falling from the plane to his death.

Jack, Curly and Nyoka bid farewell to Kimbu and the natives,vowing

to return soon. The End.

Next Week.....THE ADVENTURES OF FRANK AND JESSE JAMES [1948] starring Clayton Moore, Steve Darrell, Noel Neill and George J. Lewis.

The outlaw brothers Frank and Jesse James attempt to go straight but are de -railed at every turn by a greedy mine expert trying to gain control of a rich silver mine belonging to the James boys..Each week they face many dangers as they try to clear their names.

A Republic serial in 13 chapters

Good stuff, Ken, just as I expected. Since the jungle serials are my favorite I'm gonna miss Nyoka next week. I guess that's why "Survivor" is my favorite reality show, taking place in far off jungles.

I'll still be looking forward to the old west next week where I'll imagine Clayton Moore in the part as one of the James brothers.

Mongo

Mongo,

I'm sure you will enjoy the change of pace of the next serial.Clayton Moore plays Jesse James and Steve Darrell plays his brother Frank. Veteran actor George J. Lewis plays the main henchman and Noel Niell [Lois Lane in TV'S Superman] provides the female interest. Directed by Fred Brannon and stunt master Yakima Canutt.

Ken.

The Adventures of Frank and Jesse James. A Republic serial in 13 chapters. Directed by Fred Brannon and Yakima Canutt. Chapter 1...Agent of Treachery.

Jesse and Frank James decide to get on the good side of the law. Jesse [Clayton Moore] meets with his brother Frank[steve Darrell] who has been staying with family friends,the Powells [stanley Andrews and Noel Neal]. A silver mine owned by Powell may prove to be a money maker and Jesse and Frank can use the money to repay some of their alleged victims. Jesse sees a family friend, a banker, for a loan. He is refused when shown an extortion note signed by Jesse. While trying to explain his innocence, men enter the bank,one saying he is Jesse and attempt a hold up. A fight begins,with Frank arriving to stop the robbery. The banker changes his mind and agrees to loan the money but not before the mine is assayed. He hires Amos Ramsey[ John Crawford} to evaluate the mine. Crawford and Powell fild a rich silver vein. Ramsey decides to keep the mine for himself and kills Powell. Ramsey tells Judy that her dad 's death was accidental.

Frank,Jesse and Judy agree to continue their plans. They tell Ramsey that Judy will take the samples of ore by stage to be assayed. Ramsey meets with Rafe Henley[ George J. Lewis] who agrees to help with the scheme. Henley is to ride the stage with Judy and take the samples in a hold up. The robbery goes as planned but the driver escapes and tells the sheriff. Jesse rides to intercept the stage. Henley ,driving the stage ,is knocked to the ground by Jesse. Jesse continues the fight inside the coach with Henleys henchman.Judy lies unconcious as Jesse continues the fight. The driverless coach races toward an incompleted bridge ,plunging into a ravine and....

Next Week... Chapter 2.... The Hidden Witness.

Adventures of Frank and Jesse James....Chapter 2... The Hidden Witness... As the stage heads toward the gorge,Jesse and Judy jump from the stage taking the henchman with them. Refusing to talk,Jesse leaves him with Ramsey while he and Frank make plans to transport him to the sheriff. Ramsey tells him that Rafe has plans to get him away from Jesse. Jesse uses a decoy wagon to draw Rafe and the gang away while Frank uses another wagon to deliver the prisoner. Jesse uses one of the team horses to escape while the gang chases the wagon. Rafe,discovering that he was tricked, goes into town to check on the prisoner.While there he overhears Jesse's plan for the prisoners trail. As the prisoner is moved, Rafe ropes the sheriff and the prisoner escapes. Jesse pursues him on horseback. Jumping from his horse and going on foot , Jesse climbs atop a rock , jumps, and unseats the prisoner as he rides by. Stunned as they hit the ground, they lay in the path of of the thundering hoofs of the posses horses .There seems to be no escape. And..

Next Week..... Chapter 3.....The Lost Tunnel .

• 3 weeks later...

Ken, what happened? I thought at first you were taking a holiday break from the Bijou, but your not back yet.

I hope your not packing it in since I'm looking forward to Chapter 3 "The Lost Tunnel".

These serials are a bright spot around here and bring us back to the old neighborhood theaters of our youth. It's perfect for a classic movie site.

I just hope you weren't deterred by some of the negativity on the boards lately. Not to worry, since we've been through this before and this too will pass.

Hope to see you back soon Ken.

Mongo

Sorry for the delay fans ! On with the serial. The Adventures of Frank and Jesse James.....

Chapter 3.... The Hidden Tunnel.

The prisoner Steele has escaped and Jesse on horseback is in hot pursuit. Jesse dismounts,runs to an overhang,and leaps on Steele as he rides by. Hitting the ground,both are stunned as the posse approaches. Jesse recovers and rolls out of the way,but Steele is trampled by the horses and dies without telling the ring leaders identity.

In town Jesse and Frank await the stage carrying Judy and the money. Rafe and his gang intercept the stage and shoot the driver. Jesse seeing the runaway stage,catches up and saves Judy. The money is lost and without funds,Jesse must find a way to continue with his plans. Judy finds a map with an old entrance to the mine that can be used to get more samples .

Jesse informs Ramsey of their plans. Ramsey then tells Rafe to make sure the boys are stopped. Rafe intercepts Jesse and Frank and a fight begins A shot is fired puncturing an oil drum .Jesse and Frank lay unconcious on the ground. Rafe ignites the oil streaming toward some gun powder. A terrific explosion occurs and.............

Next Week.......Chapter 4.....Blades of Death.

Don't know if this is the place for this (and apologies if I'm out of line), but the following link lists four recent dvd sets of serials, including Spy Smasher, Nyoka & The Tigermen, Rocketman Vs. Zombies of the Stratosphere & Panther Girl of the Kongo. Available through the website or orderable through most comic book shops.

http://www.accomics.com/accomicsdvd/serials.htm

Adventures of Frank and Jesse James......Chapter 4..Blades of Death

Frank fights with Rafe in the old mine tunnel . A shot is fired puncturing an oil drum. The oil leaves a trail leading to powder kegs. Frank is knocked unconcious and falls besides the kegs. Rafe ignites the oil and leaves the tunnel. Frank awakens and finds shelter as Jesse arrives and escapes the blast.

Judy gets the ore samples from Ramsey,intending to deliver them to the assayer. Jesse and Frank decide to deliver them personally. Ramsey informs Rafe who takes his gang and intercepts Jesse and Frank. The James boys escape and deliver the samples. Later that night Rafe goes to get the ore samples .He is discovered by Jesse and cornered in a barn. During a fight Jesse is knockrd unconcious. Rafe sees a hugh tool with spikes suspended from the ceiling hanging directly above Jesse . Rafe releases the rope,sending the spikes plunging toward Jesse and.............

Next Week......Chapter 5....Roaring Wheels.

• 2 weeks later...