Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yet Another Baby Jane.

I've read they want to remake Baby Jame a third time but with a more contemporary slant taking place today with the sisters has beens from the 80s. I was thinking Meryl Streep as Jane (Davis) and Jaimie Lee Curtis as Blanche (Crawford).

That TV remake was produced by Robert Aldrich's son William, who also had a producer credit on the 2004 remake of FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX.

The proposed Walter Hill remake of BABY JANE will be produced by Aldrich's daughter Adell.

Can't his kids make their own movies?

If it must be done, I'd like to see Meryl Streep and Glenn Close. Without that kind of real-life professional "rivalry" and star power, I can't see it getting off the ground as a theatrical. Maybe sub Helen Mirren for Glenn Close, but the concept is worn, without star power, who would go see it?

Well if they must do it, there are two older actresses who could make it work: Joan Fontaine (Blanche) and Olivia De Havilland (Jane). If they can't get them, then they should do it with men and call it Whatever Happened to Baby John?. Those are the only two ways that it might be interesting.

If they can't get them, then they should do it with men and call it Whatever Happened to Baby John?.

How about Nick Nolte and Gary Busey?

They should do it with Tiffany and Debbie Gibson... oh wait, SyFy did that already. :)

I liked the Redgraves' Baby Jane. Lynn in that costume alone was worth it.

(Off topic, why when you click the "reply to thread" link does it take you all the way back to the forum home, and then you have to click the subforum, the thread, and then reply to again?)

Shuvcat ~~

(Off topic, why when you click the "reply to thread" link does it take you all the way back to the forum home, and then you have to click the subforum, the thread, and then reply to again?)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Like it did for me, just now, when replying to your question ? . . .

I'm NOT sure why that happens but you're NOT alone ... it happens to me, too. confused.gif

Edited by: ugaarte on Jul 16, 2012 5:20 AM

It seems to work in three stages the first time you open a new window and want to comment:

Stage 1: You click the "reply" tab

Stage 2: "authenticating"

Stage 3: You get returned to the Forums home page

Stage 4: You click on the sub-forum link, in this case "General Discussions"

Stage 5: You click on the topic

Stage 6: You go back to the comment you originally wanted to reply to, and click the "reply" tab again

Stage 7: You actually get to reply

The whole thing doesn't usually take more than about 10 or 15 seconds at most, and once you go through it, as long you keep the window open you don't have to do it again. It seems irritating at first, but it probably works pretty well to discourage casual trolling.

Of course the Stonecutters are permanently authenticated, but that in order to join that group you have to prove that you control at least one major currency. It's not easy.

LOL on Joan and Olivia. Perfect casting if they were a few decades younger. I'm afraid though both would want to play Jane and neither the suffering Blanche........

> {quote:title=AndyM108 wrote:}{quote}It seems to work in three stages the first time you open a new window and want to comment:

What you guys are commenting about NEVER happens to me. Are you sure you aren't referring to clicking Reply when you're NOT logged into the forums? Otherwise, I'd say it's not the TCM site but something in your browser's security settings (hence the "Authenticating" message you get).

"and once you go through it, as long you keep the window open you don't have to do it again"

That definitely sounds like something you need to change in your browser's security settings. No matter how many windows or tabs you open in your browser, it should always recognize the fact that YOU are still into a certain site. It usually has to do with remembering things in the cookies a site places on your drive through your browser.

This definitely doesn't sound like anything having to do with the TCM site. It's your browser's settings.

Was disappointing, I thought (saw it a few years ago). Good production values, but lacked a good story. Too much dancing too (Debbie looked great though...Shelley, well........)

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> WHAT 'S THE MATTER WITH HELEN? was somewhat reminiscent of BABY JANE.

Those two were both written by Henry Farrell who also wrote the similar sounding HOW AWFUL ABOUT ALLAN.

What would work for me as a remake of "Baby Jane" would be Streep in the Crawford role, and GILBERT GOTTFRIED in drag in the Davis role. At least Gottfied's voice wouldn't be as annoying! AND he'd be prettier...

Sepiatone