Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering if anyone noticed tonight, March 19, that TCM was not in sync?

What I mean is that people were talking on screen before the sound was coming out of the television.

Did anyone notice this? I'm not trying to be rude about it or anything, but it was bothering me while watching Little Women.

Sixmore - this happened on my Comcast Cable service a couple of Saturdays ago and lasted almost a whole day.

No one ever explained it - and when I contacted Comcast they said they would have to send someone out to my house to check. I told them - it's not my equipment, something was wrong in the feed!

It was very irritating. I had to turn TCM off until the next day.

I have had this happen. I didn't bother to call Comcast though, because they always blame the equiptment. I turned it off for awhile and then turned it back to TCM and it was alright.

I think Comcast has issues as far as their services go. 80% of the time the problem is not in the equiptment at our homes, it's more than likely the signals coming from the station. ( just a guess )

In the old days, it simply meant that the film was improperly threaded in the projector. Today it's highly technical and I won't try to explain it, because I don't really understand it myself. The signal goes from TCM (or any network) up to a satellite and then back down to your cable company which actually takes about four seconds. For whatever reason, once in awhile the sound and the picture don't arrive at the same time. I'm talking a fraction of a second, but enough to be obvious.

TCM was looking into a possible software problem on our end, and we're still looking into the issue. If for some reason anyone is still experiencing the "out-of-sync" with the audio/picture, it would be very helpful to provide us with your name, phone number, name of cable company, location, and contact phone number for your cable company to research what's going on. Please email that info to tcm@turner.com.

Thanks again, sorry for the inconvenience.

markfp is correct - I think it was a satellite link problem.

LOL Mr TCM Moderator. Good luck finding a TELEPHONE NUMBER to contact COMCAST. Their customer service website sends you around and around in circles and NO LOCAL number is ever provided for anything.

My problem is similar, but not exactly the same. I was watching "Easter Parade" Saturday evening when the audio repeatedly dropped-out. I would guess it dropped out 25-30 times. The audio drop-out would last on average 2-3 seconds and then return, but it was enough to spoil music or dialogue. The dialogue in some cases was incomprehensible because of the missing words. This did not occur with the movie just prior to "Easter Parade", "The Band Wagon".

I also thought that this may have been a satellite or cable company problem, but when I watched "Easter Parade" on TCM again on Easter Sunday morning, the drop- outs occurred at exactly the same moments during this airing as well. I taped this broadcast to prove to myself that I wasn't imagining the problem. Did anyone else experience this? And if not, how can it be that the audio would drop out only during this movie and at exactly the same moments of two separate broadcasts?

I regret my cynicism, but could it be that TCM was preventing it's audience from getting a clean taping of their broadcast in order to increase the sales of it's DVD of "Easter Parade" which Mr. Osborne hawked after the screening?

I'm relieved to see others had the same problem. I was worried something was going wrong with my TV or cable connection. I live in PA and yes, the sound issues were the same for me during Easter Parade. I don't think it was my cable because I didn't experience this problem watching other stations. It would seem to be a TCM problem not a Comcast one(surprising as that seems!).

• 2 weeks later...