Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Colorized Garbo

Guest De-Jo

With all the B/W movies they have "colorized" does anyone know of the possibility of a colorized Garbo movie? Not that I am in favor of this process, but if they ARE going to do it, seeing Garbo The Divine in color would be awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, I don't know about the possibility of that being done, but personally, I wouldn't be for the process. Since many people feel the same way I do about colorization, there would probably be too many complaints if someone were to do that. I believe Garbo was going to make a comeback in a technicolor film in the late forties, actually. She even made a screen test for it (in B&W, though) which I saw on a documentary about her once. But then the financial backing fell through on that project, and was never made (obviously), and she was really heartbroken about that.

• 1 month later...
Guest Maniac!", Jeffrey L.Shannon-"Golden Age

Greta Garbo in my opinion, is without a doubt: The Greatest Actess Ever on the Silver Screen!!! & Theee ultimate>"FACE!" It's dispicable, she never won an OSCAR>(O for 3!) & Even her most memorable role: "Queen Christina" (l933) She was not even nominated??? BUT, that was before: *CAPRA's clean-up of ACADEMY!?In late l930's! & She did not play-ball w/the moguls-MOSTLY: L.B. Mayer-(l885-l957) Whom destested her! Most seductive role: l926's "Flesh and the Devil" Opposite: Poor>John Gilbert-(l895-l936) & Another she should have been nominated & possibly won-4: '35's massive "Anna Karenina" MAGNIFICENT! & I'll admit, she's an acquired taste!? NY Film Critics voted her Best Actress for that one & '37's "Camille.">YET ANOTHER OSCAR-Blunder??? I'll agree though, with: "Ninotchka," loss! To: *V. LEIGH in *"GWTW!" To fans out-there, I found out on-line & saw actual pics. Her niece had her ashes in an urn since her demise in: l990 at>84! BUT, I saw them actually burring them in a swedish graveyard>COUPLE YRS. BACK! & I also believe, pt. of her appeal/mystic is: All of her flix were in B & W! I also rank Garbo as one of top 5 most beautiful actresses ever on-screen!

• 1 year later...

I'm one of those individuals that appreciated the colorization of the movie classics. I loved every colorized presentation that they had of my favorite films and its stars. I believe that film colorization is an art-form that has been unjustly met with disdain, and unfortunately abandoned. I had a copy of the colorized version of Garbo's Camille, and it was spectacular, however I lost the tape. I was wondering if you have any information of any company that is selling this colorized video classic. I would be much obliged for your assistance.