Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maps in Classic Movies

I am working on paper/presentation that deals with the historical evolution of computer mapping technologies in film and TV. Specifically, I am interested in examples from classic films of early precursors to map related technologies that are now common. For example, early police shows have crime locations marked as pins on a map, today there are electronic maps with a multitude of different information associated with each point. Another example would be the James Bond film Goldfinger which has a back-lit, moving map in 007’s Aston Martin which is very similar to most in-car GPS devices. I was wondering if the community had other examples from classic films/TV of these technologies. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny you should ask about maps.The other day i was watching a western flick(can't remember the title) about some horse thieves the local sheriff was trying to capture.In a certain scene where the sheriff is sitting at his desk,was a map of the US.hanging on the wall behind him.

The map was of the entire continental US.which was obviously from the 20th.century,not the 19th.century,as all 48 states were represented there,with clearly marked state boundaries,including states that would have only been territories in the 19th.century.The movie was made in the late 40's,and the map looks like it's from the same period.