Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CAN YOU NAME THESE TCM MOVIES? (1-4)

1. Someone is in Hiding with her Family! What is this Movie called?

2. Spencer Tracy plays Judge Haywood in this Movie! What is this Movie Called?

3. I Go Home With Bonnie Jean! What Movie is this?

4. Steve McQueen is in A POW Camp. He always ends up in the Cooler! What Movie is this?

1. Western knife-thrower gives it up for a sawed off shotgun

2. Town bully is shot by rifle - not revolver as was believed

3. Cardboard cut-outs defend town

4. Creamed Bermuda Onions

I couldn't log on again as lavender early this morning, so I tried the rose moniker and it let me on. then I posted my answer to the thread and wanted to correct a spelling error and it wouldn't let me log in again as rose, but let me on as lavender. the whole thing gives me a headache.also there was at least 1/2 hr. lapse time from the time I posted to the time the post actually showed up. Can't wait for the tech problems to clear up.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Aug 4, 2012 10:04 AM

Now believe it or not, I can't get back in as lavender, I just tried. A minute ago it was OK, now again I can't post as lavender. Not sure but I think when it says 0 guests 0 users, that's when I can't loggin or post as lavender. Not sure if that's the problem.

Kid Dabb, too many posts since I answered your question. Just in case you don't go down 3 or 4 posts Here are my guesses again.

1. *The Magnificent Seven*

2. *The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance*

3. *Blazing Saddles*

4. *They Died With Their Boots On*

Wow lavenderblue, you almost got all of them. 2. 3. & 4. are correct. Good work! You missed #1, which I thought would be the most obvious since Mr. Dobbs recently opened a thread very much related to this film.

Anymore guesses for #1 ?

Kid, don't know if you've ever seen *The Magnificent Seven* , but when Yul Brenner is recruiting the guys, James Coburn plays the part of a man very handy at knife throwing, in fact he kills a man throwing a knife at a far distance getting him bullseye in the chest, in what was suppose to be a gunfight. He then joins up as one of the gunman. I thought that was what you were referring to.

Now with that said, are you thing about *El Dorado* ?

Good clues. btw, I didn't see Fred's posts on *Rio Bravo* . when I posted the answers. I just read the thread. I like Rio Bravo and El Dorado. As a kid I was madly in love with Ricky Nelson, so even though his performance is far from great it's fun to see him in this film. Mississippi instead of Colorado and poetry instead of songs! 2 fun westerns to watch.

I'll pass this round, Thread Open.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Aug 5, 2012 1:12 PM

Man, the two of you (finance and lavenderblue) got 3 out of 4. That's something!

finance - *2.* and *3.* are both correct

lavenderblue - *1.* (only) is correct

*# 4.* remains (hint: all four have the same male starring role)