Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Anyone Else Think Things are Getting a little Boring Around Here?

Well Facebook has a lot more people using it.   A LOT MORE!     But that doesn't mean this leads to better discussions.

I have yet to see an intelligent or entertaining discussion on any Facebook page that I've happened to look at.

• Like 1

I have yet to see an intelligent or entertaining discussion on any Facebook page that I've happened to look at.

I have Facebook and I follow TCM. Most of the things TCM posts are subjects that could lead to discussions, but even with hundreds of responses, the folks that do respond are one or two words, rarely even complete sentences. It's not a satisfying way to talk about film, even for someone like me who doesn't have much to say.

• Like 2

I have Facebook and I follow TCM. Most of the things TCM posts are subjects that could lead to discussions, but even with hundreds of responses, the folks that do respond are one or two words, rarely even complete sentences. It's not a satisfying way to talk about film, even for someone like me who doesn't have much to say.

Short responses? Maybe I should be on FACEBOOK.

• Like 1

Just wanna go back to somethin' here...

No reason to "flame"your post, TikiSoo.  Nothing to flame about, just your thoughtful opinions and impressions of the boards here.

Good discussions are always the most fun, I think, especially if, as you say, they engage a lot of posters, so you get a variety of opinions (and bad jokes --sorry, Dargo !)

Okay, MissW. Recapping this section of your post in which you appear to state you appreciate "good discussions" as being "the most fun", and then continue on to further define this as "as variety of opinions" AND "bad jokes", RIGHT?!

(...well then, what's with the "sorry, Dargo" thing here, lady?!...shouldn't you have INSTEAD said "THANKS, Dargo"???) ;)

As I'm sure you know, Dargo baby, the "sorry" was referring to the word "bad", not the word "jokes".

But in fact, "I think I'm speaking for the majority here" (sounds like  something Edward Arnold would say at his most enjoyably pompous) when I say that we enjoy your jokes, the good, the bad, and the ugly ones. (Few if any of the latter.)

As I'm sure you know, Dargo baby, the "sorry" was referring to the word "bad", not the word "jokes".

But in fact, "I think I'm speaking for the majority here" (sounds like a something Edward Arnold would say at his most enjoyably pompous) when I say that we enjoy your jokes, the good, the bad, and the ugly ones. (Few if any of the latter.)

Funny, but I don't recall ever makin' any jokes about Eli Wallach around here???!!!

(...yeah yeah, I know...this one WAS of the "Lee Van Cleef" variety here, wasn't it...sorry) ;)

I wish I could somehow photoshop Dargo's "atavar" (Mr. Groucho) over Clint Eastwood's face here. Then we could all chat about how Dargo is "one tough maternal parent- f***cker".

WHOA now, MissW! You certainly wouldn't want to do anything like THAT here!

And because of course, in my contract one of the clauses CLEARLY states that "The party of the first part (that would be me) can never be photo-shopped by a party of the second part(that would be you) and without the party of the third part's(that would be Chico) prior approval thereof."

(...yeah, I know...but in today's litigious world, one MUST protect one's self and their vested interests, ya know) 

Speaking of litigious matters, Darg, you forgot to mention the Sanity Clause. 

I know...you canna fool me...there is no Sanity Claus.

WAIT now, MissW!

YOU are the "party of the second part" and NOT the party of the THIRD part here, remember?!

(...and so what's with the lousy Italian accent here, HUH?!) 

Now I'mma confused. All I know is every lawyer's rule to live by:

the secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.  If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Ah yes. I remember once faking sincerity!

(...okay, make that twice now, I suppose) groucho.gif

• Like 1

There once was a fellow named Dargo

Who sent jokes in bulk, like they're cargo;

When they asked this gent why,

He said, "They make folks feel high"

But declined further questions, "Nar....Go!"

(ok, my limericks are worse than your jokes.)

• Like 4

There once was a fellow named Dargo

Who sent jokes in bulk, like they're cargo;

When they asked this gent why,

He said, "They make folks feel high"

But declined further questions, "Nar....Go!"

(ok, my limericks are worse than your jokes.)

Yeah, but then again MissW, is it really YOUR fault that the words "Nantucket" and "Dargo" don't rhyme at all?!!! ;)

(...me thinks not, dear lady!)

There once was a girl from Nantucket

Who escaped from the place in a bucket

She landed in Fargo

Where she met Dargo

And later went home saying "Aww . . . f*ck it"

LOL

Now THAT'S more like it, Mr.G!!!

But mine is more lady-like. (a vanishing word, I fear...)

Yeah, well, I HOPE you know that the idea of a "lady-like limerick" is sort of an oxymoron, MissW.

(...I mean, as far as I know, the general rule-of-thumb in these cases is pretty much "the bawdier, the better", now isn't IT?!)  

Well, bawd-dee-dah.

giphy.gif

...the little lady here wasn't SATISFIED with just doing a Chico impression earlier, but NOW she seems hell-bent on doing some kind of Diane Keaton impression TOO!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Thought I'd revive this because things are getting a little boring around here again.

Feel free to vent, comment, agree, disagree, write a boring post, write an interesting post.

What do we mean by "boring" anyway ? (sounds like a 500 page essay your grade 10 English teacher would assign if she were bored.)

• Like 2

I went out to put a letter in the mail box to go out today, and discovered that the mail deliverer had already been here. My letter will have to wait until tomorrow.

I was so bored typing that, I fell asleep twice before I was finished.

• Like 2