Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
misswonderly3

Does Anyone Else Think Things are Getting a little Boring Around Here?

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}Good thing. I wouldn't want to be known as a"bad user".

Well, I did take some time and browse through the other forums/categories and I did read a thread about users getting banned in the past and there was talk about how to prevent those people from just rejoining using another user name, apparently to no avail... So there have obviously been/are problems on the message board... I can't remember where that is, probably in the technical issues section...

Also read a thread containing thousands of posts concerning posting photos on the message board...

Anyway, my subject heading was just a joke and not directed at you or anybody else...

Again, this isn't rocket science or brain surgery... You can't take it too seriously...

Everybody on the board here are as different as snowflakes...

Whatever...

If you find things boring, start an unboring thread...

BTW, I too find lots of stuff here boring, but so what?? Never Hibi, of course...

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}I never have either and wouldnt unless viciously attacked (I'm not worried).....if people dont like a thread, dont read it then or use ignore poster (I never do that as I'm nosy!)

Even on the couple of occasions where someone has really tried starting something, I've still never complained to admin. I've ignored once or twice to avoid a reply that would get me in trouble, but I've later relented once I cooled down.

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}That's how I was. I read but didnt post for a long time. Even when I did it was just occasionally. Slowly I got drawn in.........Finance helped!

I didn't even read it... Think my original post almost two years ago just asked a question about something? Think MOMA had a contest going (no prizes) on identifying people and films in old photos they discovered in their archives.

I posted the link to MOMA and directed message board smartie-pants there to help...

That was it, then I disappeared...

I see earlier this year, I posted some comments. Then disappeared again for about 6 months until now... Never read any posts here in the intervening period...

I did belong to another message board many years ago and some of that experience is coming back to me - how oldtimers think they own the message board and can dictate to everybody else, some users are more prolific at writing than others, some users more adept at humour and smalltalk that others, some users get into fights, all users have different interests and reasons why they belong to the message board, etc....

It's all coming back to me and it's not unique to this message board.

Anyway, Hibi, you get my vote...

> {quote:title=ginnyfan wrote:}{quote}

>

> Even on the couple of occasions where someone has really tried starting something, I've still never complained to admin. I've ignored once or twice to avoid a reply that would get me in trouble, but I've later relented once I cooled down.

>

Well, I'm a fighter, not a lover, so there... But I've quickly learned who to watch out for...

It's not worth it. Nothing anybody says on the board matters for anything really (again, excepting Hibi), and is not worth getting upset about...

And have never complained about anybody to Admin...

Edited by: RMeingast on Aug 22, 2012 4:18 PM

LOL. I'm getting a swelled head now..................

It takes a long time (at least it did for me) before some posters stick out in your mind as individuals. Some come and go. Others post almost daily. Some are here for awhile, then apparently lose interest. Some change names (LOL!) I guess it's like that on all boards............

Edited by: Hibi on Aug 22, 2012 4:25 PM

*HIBI and the Message Boards*

A tale of one woman's descent into addiction and degradation

Synopses: This film is the saga of an innocent young woman, who ( whom?) lured unsuspectingly into the dark world of the TCM MessageBoards, succumbed to its thrills and mysterious addictive powers before she could prevent herself.

"I'll just try it a little...surely once in a while won't hurt", she told herself. But Hibi was on the fast and furious highway to enslavement, body and soul ( John Garfield?) to the deceptively "normal" website, and before she could stop herself, she was swept into the overwhelming vortex of threads - hm, no, ...

she was caught in the WEB of decadent but deceptively fascinating THREADS...so much to tempt her - 30s character actors, Star of the Month arguments, endless debates on the definition of film noir, 50s character actors, Constance Bennett, sexiest male stars, sexiest female stars, sexiest dog, George Brent's rear end....what's a girl to do?

Now Hibi is a sadder but wiser person, a woman, no longer a girl. It is not her fault, what happened to her- it could happen to anyone. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. ( Judy Holliday, Jack Lemmon, sometime in the 1950s...)

Take warning from Hibi's ordeal. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE DRAWN IN, TO BE TEMPTED AND DECEIVED BY THE SIREN CALL OF THE TCM BOARDS.

For God's sake, get out while you still can. Let Hibi's fall from grace be a lesson to us all.

All royalties go to Hibi and misswonderly

****! Dont let what happened to me, happen to you! Or you could start posting threads about someone else's azz. I'm corrupted now.....

What a truly sad story. Of course, it's an old one too. Young and old, male

and female, people from all backgrounds, have been led astray in much the same

way. Perhaps the saddest thing of all is that by the time they learn their lesson,

it's often too late and the damage is permanent: no good has ever come from the

rear end of George Brent. O, the humanity.

Yes, and for the most part, we don't even know people's real names.

Have you ever done anything really bad but you were grateful you were unknown when it happened? These message boards feel like that now..

I have had that happen to me. I threw up all over a guy's shoes once; he was a total stranger.. It happened over 33 years ago, but I still remember the situation.

Edited by: casablancalover2 on Aug 22, 2012 11:49 PM

I've never done anything really bad in an anonymous situation, but I have done stupid things or fallen for a trick or a joke and am glad to have been anonymous.

> {quote:title=casablancalover2 wrote:}{quote}

> Have you ever done anything really bad but you were grateful you were unknown when it happened?

I nearly did. I had to oversee the installation of a machine at a remote location. It was only a two day job, and there was no reason for me to ever return.

My last night in town, while having a drink in a local bar, I saw a situation needing only a tiny little prod from me to turn into something that'd get a million hits on YouTube. The worst part of it was, I could have done it at any time over the course of an hour.

It would have been so easy. Do it. Watch the hilarious results. Disappear forever.

For some reason, I didn't.

A month later, I was transferred there, working with many of the people who would've been the victims of my practical joke.

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}****! Dont let what happened to me, happen to you! Or you could start posting threads about someone else's azz. I'm corrupted now.....

Considering what Prince Harry of Wales did recently in Las Vegas - cavorting naked with equally naked women AND having people take his photo while doing it - I don't think anyone has to ever be embarrassed about anything ever again...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-harry/9491393/Prince-Harry-naked-photographs-published-online.html

So much for "The Prince and the Showgirl," eh??? And so much for "Viva Las Vegas" too...

I mean if the guy who is third in line to become King of Canada, and most of the other Commonwealth countries too, can do this, I don't think Hibi needs to worry about anything...

(BTW, I heard from a source that Hibi WAS WITH the Prince in Sin City... Something about having to take photos so as to compare his azz to George Brent's... The Prince was reportedly mystified by the Brent reference...)

Oh well...

Forgot that Prince Harry is also third in line to become head of the Church of England (aka Anglicans, Episcopals in US - not under Church of England authority) so he could plausibly explain he was merely doing research into "fallen" women, and other social ills, in Las Vegas in preparation for his future church role...

Something sorta like Michael Palin's character in "The Missionary":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Missionary

(I'm sorry, but can't think of any classic films off the top of my head...)

Wonder if the prince needs a PR man???

BTW, great photos you took, Hibi:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/23/prince-harry-las-vegas-naked-party-photos-tmz-tv/

LOL. Harry and I both deny it! Funny the incident is no big deal in Britain. People have shrugged it off.......

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}LOL. Harry and I both deny it! Funny the incident is no big deal in Britain. People have shrugged it off.......

That's because Brits are used to it, Hibi... They remember what happened when Edward VIII got mixed up with one of those American dames (Wallis Simpson)...

They now have an official formula for it: Brit Royal(s) + American woman(women) = Big trouble ;)

So, yes, nothing surprising to Brits... Take an extremely handsome young Brit lad like Harry, drop him into a den of iniquity like the United States, and bad things are sure to happen... Not his fault...

He was simply taken advantage of by those dastardly American vixens...

Can't think of any other films besides "The Prince and the Showgirl" that's related to this Harry nonsense in Las Vegas?? Anybody have any suggestions??

As for funny message boards, no, this one is unique to itself in so many ways...

And I'm just teasing Hibi... I know you wasn't with Harry in Vegas... (That's your story and I'm stickin' to it too, eh???)

And anybody suspicious because the naked photos were mostly of Harry's posterior, rest assured, there's more of the prince on display in the photos too...

DON'T use the word "royalties" around here! It might get some to posting about the Royal Family, and THEN this board will get TRULY BORING!

OOPS! TOO LATE!!(Sob!)

Think about THIS: This thread was posted only two days ago, and it's already up to NINE PAGES! Maybe y'all ARE bored.

I also belong to another forum and it's now going through the same slow phase. It happens. We need to discuss something other than old movies all the time. I know this goes against the grain of some members, but it keeps the juices flowing. I mean, just HOW many topics can we come UP with that haven't been discussed to death? Well, seems we've found one now, but within the big picture?

Maybe we've come to like each other so much that we can't stay away. Or maybe because threads move so fast here we show up daily in order to keep up. But I DO know THIS...

I'll give up my keyboard when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers. OR my wife says dinner's ready. Whichever comes first.

Sepiatone

Believe me, if I had the chance to travel, it wouldnt be Vegas (Harry or no Harry) I only saw the 2 pix. Are there more of them? (LOL).

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:}{quote} ...

> I'll give up my keyboard when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers. OR my wife says dinner's ready. Whichever comes first.

>

> Sepiatone

>

Heavens, let's hope you have dinner soon.

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:}{quote} ...

>

>

> I also belong to another forum and it's now going through the same slow phase. It happens. We need to discuss something other than old movies all the time. I know this goes against the grain of some members, but it keeps the juices flowing. I mean, just HOW many topics can we come UP with that haven't been discussed to death? Well, seems we've found one now, but within the big picture?

>

> Sepiatone

Well, I made a list ( which I know you're all fond of) on AudreyForever's "Top 10 Anything Movies" thread, down in the "Favourites " forum. But it was not about movies, so maybe, just to stir things up ( wait'll you see it, it's so controversial), I'll copy and post it here.

Here it be:

"I know this isn't about movies, but I'll bet all ten of these sounds have been featured in a film or two:

TOP TEN FAVOURITE SOUNDS: (not counting music)

1 Songbirds

2 Water: sea or lake waves breaking on the shore

3 Water: the sound of a river

4 Cicadas

5 Frogs in the spring ( "peepers", they're called)

6 A baby laughing

7 The wind in the trees

8 Rain

9 Crickets

10 Train whistle

11 Cat purring"

Today is one of the most boring days EVER! I'm tempted to start another naughty thread...........

That is almost as poignant as Bernstein remembering the girl in the white

dress on the ferry. I'm sure I've done some minor naughty things while no

one knew who I was, though I can't think of any offhand. Internet anonymity

is okay. All it takes is one scammer to prove it.

I pity the poor lime eaters having to pay for a whole family of royal sleazebags.

We're lucky we gave these boneheads the boot back in the 18th century and

no longer have to put up with their aristocratic antics. Where is the authentic,

honest to goodness, one and only, actual, real IRA when you need them? ;

George Brent's Instep: Huge!!!!