Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
misswonderly3

Does Anyone Else Think Things are Getting a little Boring Around Here?

Part of the problem...aside from the not-too-unusual slack periods that all boards go through...are the unending tech problems of the boards here, particularly the incredible SLOWNESS of the board to react and load. It's not surprising that things have slowed down...I'd say people are simply frustrated with how LONG it takes to do anything here.

Agreed,... I can't go into big threads cause I can never open the last page... once this gets to 100 I'm out lol.

Well, I tried a different subject, and nothin' happened. Personally, I think the sounds we hear on an everyday basis are interesting. ( Unless, of course, you're hearing impaired, and to those who are I apologize.)

Ok, let's movie-it-up: can anyone think of at least one movie ( doesn't even have to be old) with at least one of those sounds in its soundtrack? ( Ha ! Yes, you'll have to go back and read the post ! )

If there's any relation between the size of a person's rear and that of their

feet, GB probably wore about a 13 DDD. When George walked down the

street, you'd better move out of his way, low and lower.

Here's a sound I didn't think of right away: Snow sliding off the roof and

plopping on the ground.

LMREO!! I'll have to see if I can check out George's shoes next viewing.........

I ABSOLUTELY HATE CRICKET SOUNDS!! If they all got wiped out by some bug I wouldnt shed a tear. They are so damn loud. They get on the porch and every year a few get inside somehow. They drive me crazy! Will be a few more months before the cold kills them off.........

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}Believe me, if I had the chance to travel, it wouldnt be Vegas (Harry or no Harry) I only saw the 2 pix. Are there more of them? (LOL).

You're not corrupting me too, Hibi... I can't do all your "dirty" work for you...

But here's some more photos, anyway:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/prince-harry-wet-wild-olympics-swimming-champion-ryan-lochte-a-bevy-bikini-clad-beauties-boozy-las-vegas-pool-party-article-1.1140872

As for Brit Royals, this is all tongue-in-cheek... Being more serious, really nothing new as they've behaved badly for centuries and centuries... Such hypocrisy when they have a royal event and are all in church and dressed to the nines, etc., as the model of piety... Oh well...

Anywho, I gave y'all some homework by coming up with some classic films that have to do with princes getting into trouble with women a la "The Prince and the Showgirl."

Not very corrupting! Whatever happened to Randy Andy? You never hear about him anymore. Was the same deal a few decades ago.......and who can forget Fergie? (LOL).

I'll try. But I'm SO BORED, I dont know if I can come up with any...........

> I'll try. But I'm SO BORED, I dont know if I can come up with any...........

That's ok, Hibi... I tried... And I'm used to women being bored with me... That's why I'm still single...

Lots of good Gene Kelly flicks on today 'tho...

I'll think on it tonight. It's almost quitting time...........

I accept misswonderly's challenge. I'll bet I can think of movies that have SOME of these sounds in them-- do they all have to be classic though? Someone else can fill in what I can't. Call it a Sound Relay.

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}

> + +"I know this isn't about movies, but I'll bet all ten of these sounds have been featured in a film or two:<br /

> + +TOP TEN FAVOURITE SOUNDS: (not counting music)

> +

> 1 Songbirds <---I just watched *THE HUNGER GAMES *literally yesterday so that's what comes to mind+

> +2 Water: sea or lake waves breaking on the shore <--among other films, *SOUTH PACIFIC* (Bali Ha'i will call you...)+

> +3 Water: the sound of a river <--- I always think of *THE FUGITIVE* when Harrison Ford gets washed down river+

> +4 Cicadas <--- this sound is featured in the great french film *MY FATHER'S GLORY (LA GLOIRE DE MON PERE) *which actually mentions cicadas by name+

> +5 Frogs in the spring ( "peepers", they're called) <---sorry, I live in The City so I don't really know what this sounds like, and the only thing I can think of is a MONK episode when the frogs are a plot point. So someone else can fill that in...+

> +6 A baby laughing <-- well, *MONSTERS INC *is the obvious one here+

> +7 The wind in the trees <--I keep thinking of a film with lots of nature in it: *ON GOLDEN POND*+

> +8 Rain <--- most Capra films, so let's just say *IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT</strong </em>

> +9 Crickets <--- this is such a common sound I can't think of a specific film, so I leave that for someone else as well+

> +10 Train whistle < <---- *IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE* (A quote came to mind that I may mess up but you get the idea. GEORGE: "Do you know what the +3 most exciting sounds are?" BILLY: "Yep. Breakfast is served, lunch is served, dinner" GEORGE: "No, no, no. Anchor chains, plane engines, and train whistles!")

> <em</p>

> 11 Cat purring <--- a childhood favorite, *HOMEWARD BOUND*+ +(the '90s remake of THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY)

>

> Almost

Edited by: LonesomePolecat on Aug 23, 2012 5:08 PM

Frogs in the spring ( "peepers", they're called)

Crickets

Could be that "Night of the Hunter" features both, but I'd have to watch again to be doubly sure.

(Sorry for party crashing. I didn't read down far enough to get the gist of the game. )

When I was 6 years old, my uncle (who was in college) used to threaten to throw crickets on me, saying: "They'll eat off all your clothes." Yeah, it was creepy. I like the sound, but I hate it when one gets in the house. Flashbacks to bad childhood memory.

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}I'll think on it tonight. It's almost quitting time...........

Don't bother, Hibi. I was just joking... I can do it myself, if I get that bored...

Friend in Britain sent me something called a book... Arrived in mail today... Latest written by a mutual friend...

It's heavy and made out of paper... You're supposed to open it and read what's on the pages between the covers! Imagine that!!

Guess I won't be so bored after all...

> {quote:title=dpompper wrote:}{quote}

> Frogs in the spring ( "peepers", they're called)

>

> Crickets

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Could be that "Night of the Hunter" features both, but I'd have to watch again to be doubly sure.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> (Sorry for party crashing. I didn't read down far enough to get the gist of the game. )

>

Not party crashing at all-- this is not a game thread it's an "I'm Bored" thread, so you're welcome to be bored with the rest of us.

Think a good definition of boring is when you start following the latest Bigfoot news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y86snvP1pk

Can't say if Hibi took the video footage above or not... Somebody riding a bicycle through a forest who just happens to have a camera running the whole time, when look what happens...

Gee, finally some real proof...

Anyway, to relate this to classic movies, if the Bigfoot in the recent video by Hibi above is really real, how come it doesn't look like the Bigfoot monster in the 1955 movie "Man Beast" below???

I mean, it looks like the fur is a different colour for one thing...

51kttsD8lzL._SY450_.jpg

I miss Man Beast ! Usually when they want to drag out a Yeti-type movie, they drag out The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas. Give us Man Beast !

Todd Akin would probually call "Man Beast" the feel good movie of the year. If this place does get too boring, we could ask Mr Akin to become member of this legitimate movie forum. That should liven things up. :P

2018953179.jpg

> {quote:title=TCMfan23 wrote:}{quote}aren't you all happy i'm starting new threads ?:P

If you mean that one new, unfounded complaint thread...uh, no. :^0

LOL. I didnt spend much time on it, but a few came to mind, but I dont remember what went on. Mayerling had some royal shenanigans going on. And Mouse on the Moon or Mouse that Roared? Werent there royals in that?

Nicholas and Alexandra! (LOL)..........(all that Rasputin stuff........)

It wasnt me! I find Bigfoot B-O-R-I-N-G..............