Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has Fred shown up yet?

MovieMadness

Hi,

I wasn't able to log in or post anything for 3 days. I kept trying, dozens and dozens of times. Whenever I tried to log in, I was taken to the TCM.COM AUTHENTICATING.... page, and it locked up there and stayed on that page forever. My screen never left that page and it never logged me in and didn't return me to the forum.

Finally, I tried to log in again early this morning, and it worked!

I hope it continues to work.

I love this place. :)

FredCDobbs

You can use both IE 8 and Mozilla Firefox as web browsers...

I had many problems with IE 8 so just downloaded Firefox for free and no problems using it.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

You can use IE 8 for whatever and then use Firefox to access the TCM message board...

Or not, whatever...

Fred, you might find this article from my local paper interesting...

Hollywood no longer making films on 35 mm and going completely digital.

Local cinemas have mostly switched except for a few.

Article is about those few that have to invest big bucks for digital equipment.

Downside is that projectionists will be out of work...

Digital projector a big expense for locally owned cinemas - cost about $100,000 each...

And no help from studios in paying for them...

The article is here:

http://www.lfpress.com/entertainment/2012/08/07/20074526.html

I have no idea about this change from 35 mm to digital?? Does it make any difference??

Will it matter 100 years from now that all movies are digital and there is no film whatsoever???

> {quote:title=willbefree25 wrote:}{quote}I use both Firefox and IE, and had the same 'authenticating' problems for awhile, and posts not showing up for a bit, but not to the extent of Fred's problems.

>

> Seems like things have been fixed?

I think I understand Fred's problems with IE 8 'tho... Things would freeze, etc....

No problems like that with Firefox...

Yes, there seems to be a lag between posting and seeing the post appear on the message board but not a big problem for me. "Authenticating" can sometimes take a bit but again no big deal.

I usually have multiple tabs open and am reading/writing email or on Facebook at the same time as I'm on the TCM message board... So if things slow on TCM, I just switch to email or Facebook and then switch back again... No big deal...

The very same thing happened to me about 6 months ago, and I was unable to sign in for about 3 or 4 days.

I thought that maybe I could just wait a while this time, since Michael said people were working on fixing the board.

I don't know why they don't just keep us logged in all the time.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings