Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone remember Wait til the Sun Shines Nellie?

I loved the movie Wait til the Sun Shines Nellie. I saw it maybe 15-20 years ago. For some reason I can't get it out of my mind. I remember loving the film, but I don't remember all that it was about. Does anyone remember seeing on the tv recently? I would love to know what channel has the rights so I can request that they re-run it soon.

Hi:

My mother saw the movie several years ago. It's one of these tearjerker movies. It starred David Wayne and, I believe, Jean Peters.

"If you want your heart to shine and feel good, go to see 'Wait Till the Sun Shines Nellie.'" According to my mother, this was the tagline of the film.

From what she remembers, it was about a series of misfortunes that befall this family in Turn of the Century America. That's all she remembers. It has not been on television in years.

Take care.

Deborah

• 1 year later...

I remember it, too. I believe it is a remake of a Will Rogers film.

Either way, I saw the film in question on the afternoon movie on either the NBC affilate or CBS affiliate in Las Vegas during the 1960s and have been looking for it ever since.

Looks like it's a Fox film, but I can't remember FMC or the Cinemax channels ever running it (some old Fox titles turn up on the Cinemax channels at the crack of dawn). Someone on the movie's page at IMDb wrote that AMC ran it once, but that was probably the commercial-free AMC of yore.

This appears to be one of at least two rarely shown David Wayne films, the other being the 1951 version of "M."