Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bhryun

Do you know the Name of the The Bubble Gum Song Classic Movie

Ok for years I have been searching for the name of a cute movie that my children on a classic movie station they watched. All they can remember was the Bubble Gum song. It was a young girl jumping on a log singing " If I had a nickle ... I would buy some Ba Ba Bubble Gum". Sorry that this is all I have to go by but I know the movie exists but cannot for the life of me remember the name. Please anyone if you think that you know the name of the movie please help me out here. My children have been wanting me to remember it as they would like to see it again at the ages they are now.

Thanks and May God Bless you and yours

The only movie I remeber connecting candies with children is "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (1971). If not, it could be one of those Disney Films released during the, 1950s, 1960s or 1970s.

Are you talking about the song my Girl Scouts are always singing which goes:

"My mommy gave me a nickel,

She told me to buy a pickle,

But I didn't buy any pickle

Instead I bought Bubble GUM"

and ends with "Bazooka zooka bubble gum"? If so, are you sure it's in a movie?

Hi. I just found your question. I believe the movie you are looking for is MOTHER WORE TIGHTS with Betty Grable and Dan Daily. It is about a show biz couple whose career is performing in theatre to theatre. The movie is "narrated" by their oldest daughter (Mona Freeman). The couple has two daughters whom they put in boarding school for some stability. They take time off to spend the summer together in one of those turn-of-the-century summer resorts. It is in that segment that the song you are referring to is sung by the youngest daughter, Connie Marshall. I asked my Ma (or Pa) for a nickle to buy a pickle; I did not buy a pickle. I bought some chewing gum. Tra-la-la-la-la, chewing gum. Tra-la-la, chewing gum. Tra-la-la-la-la, chewing gum. Tra-la-la, chewing gum. Then it goes on by asking for a quarter to tip the porter, etc. You can see a list of the songs in the movie at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039634/soundtrack

I hope this is what you want. I know how crazy it can be to try to remember something that was seemingly trivial, but it had meaning to us as children. God bless you and yours back.