Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Undeground and Silent Sundays

TCMfan23

what can be done to improve TCM underground ? how about showing better cult movies ? nothing like heavnly bodies or freaked. How about 50s and 60s stuff ? stick to the drive-in stuff. I wish to see more work by Roger Corman and other independent directors such as John Casevettes.

Silent Sundays : I wish to see more films with Gloria Swanson and Clara Bow. Early Laurel and Hardy stuff.

what do you all wish to see on TCM ? how can we make TCM underground better than what it is ? sometimes they show 'junk' like Heavy Metal.

Edited by: TCMfan23 on Aug 30, 2012 4:07 AM

Edited by: TCMfan23 on Aug 30, 2012 4:09 AM

One thing to keep in mind, one mans junk is another mans treasure. Heavy Metal, like many of the films they show on TCM underground, may not be for everyones taste. When that film first came out it was very much considered a cult film and in a good way. It is not one of my favorites but I can certainly appreciate its merrits. It was a perfect fit for TCM Underground. Many people seem to have a problem with TCM underground but I truly enjoy it. I am willing to watch most of the films they air at least once. And in doing so always discover a lost gem or two. Are their some stinkers too. In my opinion yes. But of course that is only my opinion. I hope TCM keeps Underground the way it is. No need to fix what is not broken.

I would improve it by having it every week like in the beginning. I could be wrong but it seems to me they're showing it every other week or even once a month. Not every selection is a winner for me but I've been introduced to lots of weird stuff I never would have found otherwise (much like TCM during "normal" hours :)

> {quote:title=TCMfan23 wrote:}{quote}what's broken must be fixed.

but it is only your opinion that it is broken and you seem to have real problem with TCM Underground ( as noted by previous posts about it). IMO, it is perfect the way it is. As I said earlier, it is nice to discover a hidden gem here or there that I would never see anywhere else. For that reason, I am very glad TCM has the underground to showcase these films. If you do not enjoy the TCM underground instead of trying to change it or banish it from the channel why not suggest to the powers that be that perhaps they could add a block of programming that fits your needs. And I am not trying to be combative simply making a suggestion.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings