Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charlie Tabesh Talks! TCM senior vice president of programming interviewed.

RMeingast

With all the squawking about what films are shown on TCM, I thought I'd do some homework and came up with the two articles below.

Both are about Charlie Tabesh, TCM senior vice president of programming.

I guess Tabesh and TCM Programming Director Stephanie Thames are the two bigwigs who are responsible for what we see on TCM...

Guess if you have complaints, you should try and contact those two at TCM...

Anyway, articles below...pixel?google_nid=appnexus1&google_sc&goo

"TCM Programming Chief Discusses Life in the Classic Movie World" by Barry M. Grey from

Jan. 31, 2012. The article is:

"In an exclusive interview, the guy who picks the films for Turner Classic Movies reveals his programming philosophy - and how he came to run the joint"

Tabesh interviewed again for this article (not much information 'tho):

"A Night at the movies: How TCM keeps the classics coming" from the "New York Post," Jan.29, 2012.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/night_at_the_movies_TTej3cCe0I6t8lLj9fSZPI#ixzz253InzIvq

Posted this in the Bergman thread too but thought I'd create a new thread devoted to this to get the attention of anybody interested in why TCM does what they do...

> {quote:title=willbefree25 wrote:}{quote}Good idea, RM.

>

> I nominate Fred Dobbs. He is my choice for author of a rational, calm, thoughtful email or letter.

>

>

>

>

>

> I, on the other hand, would just call him a heelot. :)

>

My dear Willbefree25, how do you know Dobbs ain't Charlie Tabesh???? ;)

As for your reference to "Meet John Doe" - "heelots" - remember, no name calling on the message board... :)

Me trying to be more positive-like... :D

Edited by: RMeingast on Aug 30, 2012 2:30 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings