Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Thunderbirds Are Go"

RMeingast

I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing that I was too young to fully appreciate this flick when it came out???

Movie takes place in 2067... Guess all humans will have evolved to become marionettes by then...

Glad I won't be around, I think...

Parker the Chauffeur sounds like Mike Myers... (Played by David Graham in flick)

One of the Tracys seems to sound like Cary Grant?

If you're a music fan, Cliff Richard is featured...

Is there some subtext (Hello, Miss Wonderly) to TCM airing this movie today???

They don't think we're children, do they???

been working REALLY hard lately, and my allergies are awful- so I took a couple of Benadryl last night and died.

came back to life circa 9:45 this morning.

went into kitchen, put toaster strudel in oven, put water on to boil (coffee.) turned on TCM. took a look at this Thunderbirds thing, which I have never seen or heard of, or if I did, I blocked it out mentally....

"AAAAAAGH! WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT THE HELL?!!! THE DEVIL! THE DEVIL!!!! IT'S EVIL, KILL IT!!!!! "

I was whacking my TV with a spatula when I realized what was going on.

I am not a morning person.

I used to love Fireball XL5 as a kid. Thunderbirds, too. I noticed that all the male puppets have rugged faces like Cary Grant and Jeff Chandler and one of the puppets even looked like James Darren (Yes, Moondoggie!)

I do prefer scenes that take place on land, rather that in the planes. I love watching them walk around.

The "Thunderbirds" was one of Gerry Anderson's productions. I think he was a great story teller. His other marionettes hits was "Captain Scarlet" and "Stingray"

He went on to produce a real life series "UFO" (1969-1970) which is one of my favorites. He was a very good futurist, he foresaw the repairing of the Hubble Space Telescope and cordless telephones.

This method of storytelling is still use, lol remember "Team America"

*Captain Scarlet*

Royal-Mail-Stamps-FAB-Gerry-Anderson-Cap

thumbnail.php?id=679&max=600

*Stingray*

stingray.jpg

cb-stingray2.jpg

*UFO*

iconwebsite_ufo.jpg

ufo.jpg

This is one of the right on the button forsights in "UFO", the repair of SID in orbit like we eventurally did with Hubble.

ufo_sid.jpg

> {quote:title=ginnyfan wrote:}{quote}If you look at the marionettes closely their heads shake sort of like Katharine Hepburn in her later years.

That's hilarious.

God, and the fact that this thing came out in one of the most volatile years in the history of America: *1968.*

Oh to have been in a theater when this thing was playing...

> {quote:title=ginnyfan wrote:}{quote}If you look at the marionettes closely their heads shake sort of like Katharine Hepburn in her later years.

If that's all that happens to humanity when we evolve into marionettes by 2067, then it ain't so bad...

I just hope I evolve into one of those marionettes that looks like Cary Grant...

They tried to avoid it as much as possible because, as Sylvia Anderson said, the puppets looked awful when they did. The TV series was better than the films, the first episode being among the best, where they have to find a way of landing a nuclear powered supersonic plane that has a bomb in it's landing gear.

Ah, Gabrielle Drake. . . .

Edited by: slaytonf on Sep 1, 2012 6:52 PM

> Evolution hit a bump in the road, one evolved into Kim Jong Il. :^0

Hamster, that's the alternate Thunderbirds universe of Trey Parker and Matt Stone you is referring to in "Team America: World Police."

If users aren't aware of that universe, it's basically Thunderbirds in an R-rated movie (X-rated?)...

Yes, Good needs Evil to exist... If Thunderbirds didn't have any baddies to combat, they probably be so bored they'd be users on the 2067 version of this TCM message board...

And Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson have solved "The Case of Missing Bonne Humeur" and all is as it should be now...

But, since, you referred to a dictator in a totalitarian country, I want to make one comment.

Referring to Friday's "debate" that was shut down, basically you had an absolute authority dictating to us and warning that if we on the message board disobeyed or caused problems, harsh consequences would ensue. Just like in a totalitarian system.

And just like in a totalitarian system, some people on the message board protested and caused trouble, despite knowing the potential consequences of being banned, etc, by TCMAdmin, some users informed to the authorities (TCMAdmin), and other users stayed silent and did nothing.

Basically the range of behaviour you'd see under a totalitarian regime in real life.

Just something interesting to me...

Anyway, back to the good movies on TCM... Yes, even Thunderbirds are fun...

What are you trying to post. That icon generally means the link has a dead end. If its a protected photo, then you will see a little red x . You can still see those however on this forum. Just start a 2nd broswer homepage i.e. Google.com, point your mouse cursor and right click the mouse button over the red x and go to Properties.

You will see where the link is located, copy and paste it to the 2nd browser webpage address bar and one can see the protected photo. In your case, there is nothing in the Properties info.

I assume you became a member in 2010 so you don't understand why the TCM Web Administrator has to be tough at times. You should had been here in 2007 and wouldn't beleive the knock down, dragged out slug fest that was here on the forum (otherwise called a flame war).

One of the best rants I've ever seen (and saved) was about 3 pages long. The time and effort it took for that poster to compose that was amazing.

At time I get frustrated with members that has no sense of humor. They complain about parody cartoons and satire photos I post. I intend no harm, just to poke fun. Oh well, maybe I'm watching too much Jay Leno.

Even in the real world we are losing our freedom of speech, just like that guy who got kicked off an airplane for only wearing an anti-TSA *tshirt.* We should be *very worried!*

Edited by: hamradio on Sep 2, 2012 3:14 PM

> {quote:title=hamradio wrote:}{quote}What are you trying to post. That icon generally means the link has a dead end. If its a protected photo, then you will see a red dot. You can still see those however on this forum. Just start a 2nd broswer homepage i.e. Google.com, point your mouse cursor and right click the mouse button over the red dot and go to Properties.

>

> You will see where the link is located, copy and paste it to the 2nd browser webpage address bar and one can see the protected photo. In your case, there is nothing in the Properties info.

>

> I assume you became a member in 2010 so you don't understand why the TCM Web Administrator has to be tough at times. You should had been here in 2007 and wouldn't beleive the knock down, dragged out slug fest that was here on the forum (otherwise called a flame war).

>

> One of the best rants I've ever seen (and saved) was about 3 pages long. The time and effort it took for that poster to compose that was amazing.

>

> At time I get frustrated with members that has no sense of humor. They complain about parody cartoons and satire photos I post. I intend no harm, just to poke fun. Oh well, maybe I'm watching too much Jay Leno.

>

> Even in the real world we are losing our freedom of speech, just like that guy who got kicked off an airplane for only wearing an anti-TSA *tshirt.* We should be *very worried!*

Thanks... It wasn't that funny anyway, I guess... Oh well... But thanks for the info. about photos off the Internet... I may have just done something wrong when trying to copy to my message...

Oh well... Like I said, it wasn't really funny anyway... :_|

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings