Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE IS UP!!

classicsstarlets

Items I couldn't find on my preliminary schedule that are in the finished schedule:

The Chosen (1981) very late on November 12.

The Admirable Crichton (1957) late night November 15.

Master of the House (1925) on SSN Sunday November 18.

German version of Anna Christie follows.

Dick Cavett show with Alfred Hitchcock airs early November 23 at 6:30AM

The Living Dead Man (1926), a French silent, airs on SSN Sunday November 25.

Touchez Pas Au Grisbi (1954), starring Jean Gabin, shows on November 30.

There is still a 70 minute gap between the end of "Topper Returns" and "Bed of Roses".

<Touchez Pas Au Grisbi (1954), starring Jean Gabin, shows on November 30.>

Yay, a Jean Gabin film I've not yet seen!

(Don't touch the loot)

1954 NR 96 minutes

Jacques Becker's thriller stars Jean Gabin as Max, an aging, gentlemanly mobster who thinks he's about to retire after a massively successful heist. But he soon discovers that someone else has his eye on the loot: a brutal crime boss named Angelo (Lino Ventura). Angelo heard about the jackpot from his girlfriend (Jeanne Moreau), and he gives Max a choice to give up the cash or sacrifice himself, and what ensues is a tense game of cat and mouse.

> {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}

>

> There is still a 70 minute gap between the end of "Topper Returns" and "Bed of Roses".

You mean "Topper Takes A Trip." Constance Bennett wasn't in "Topper Returns" (Joan Blondell performed the ectoplasmic duties).

> {quote:title=VP19 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}

> >

> > There is still a 70 minute gap between the end of "Topper Returns" and "Bed of Roses".

> >

> You mean "Topper Takes A Trip." Constance Bennett wasn't in "Topper Returns" (Joan Blondell performed the ectoplasmic duties).

I stand corrected. But I still wonder what's in that 70 extra minutes. A year or two ago such a blank space contained the rarely aired "Show Girl in Hollywood".

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings