Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Phyllis Diller movies???

MOVIES2CB4UDIE

Does anyone know if there is goin2b a tribute2 Phyllis Diller & if/when her movie w/Bob Hope, "Boy Did I Get a Wrong Number" will be shown??? When I was a kid, all this kids loved this movie, thought it was soo funny, I would like for my son to see it & I would like to see it again. Its not a great movie, but it was fun. Also, when someone suggests a movie, it there a way for others to "like" the suggestion or vote for it 2b seen???

She probably does not have enough of a presence but one of my very favorite film appearances by Phyllis Diller is actually a full length animated movie. Mad Monster Party from 1967. This would be an awesome addition to TCMs schedule some October.

Edited by: CountessDracula on Sep 3, 2012 12:18 AM

no one gives a crud about Phyllis Diller. TCM can't tribute every one who dies. All the good ones are all gone.

What has she done ? I haven't seen one thing she did.

I have't really heard of her. She's not even on findadeath.com.

no one knows who she is and no ones cares. ]:)

TCM has too many goodies to show in september. KEEP THOSE HAL ROACH MOVIES COMING :D

> {quote:title=TCMfan23 wrote:}{quote}no one gives a crud about Phyllis Diller. TCM can't tribute every one who dies. All the good ones are all gone.

>

> What has she done ? I haven't seen one thing she did.

>

>

> I have't really heard of her. She's not even on findadeath.com.

>

>

> no one knows who she is and no ones cares. ]:)

>

>

> TCM has too many goodies to show in september. KEEP THOSE HAL ROACH MOVIES COMING :D

>

Wow, you're being really rude and insensitive...a lot of us LOVED her, and DO "give a crud" about her and know who she is (I even saw her perform live once back in the 70's). Just because YOU haven't heard of her (sadly, I might say) or seen anything with her doesn't mean a thing and doesn't give you the insensitive right to rant on like that. She was a pionerr who inspired many, many female stand-up comics, and most female stand-ups acknowledge what they owe to Phyllis.

Findadeath.com is a crummy site...try findagrave.com. She's listed there:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=95668054

phyllis-diller.jpg%3Fw%3D500

Ms. Diller has been in more than one Hope movie. Usually, her roles have been small and mostly for comic relief. It would be pointless for TCM to do some kind of tribute.

COMEDY CENTRAL, however, should respectfully run with that flag.

TCMfan, while you're looking up Diller on deathsites, try looking her up on Wikipedia or something to that end. But be CAREFUL! You might LEARN something!

Sepiatone

Ms. Diller has been in more than ONE Hope movie. But mostly her movie appearances have been small roles mostly for comic relief. It would be pointless for TCM to do any kind of tribute.

COMEDY CENTRAL however, should take up that mantle. If they never do, then SHAME on THEM!

TCMfan, while you're busy looking up Diller on deathsites, you might want to take extra time and look her up on Wikipedia or similar sites. But be CAREFUL. You might LEARN something!

Sepiatone

Ms. Diller has been in more than one Hope movie. Usually, her roles have been small and mostly for comic relief. It would be pointless for TCM to do some kind of tribute.

Why tell me this directly? All I did was reference one of her roles that someone brought up. Hell, I've been around long enough to have seen her in THE ADDING MACHINE in addition to those Hope vehicles, all theatrically.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings