Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not sure if the right forum, but can I purchase gift cards for the TCMShop?

Keaton99

Welcome to the boards. Click on "shop" in the banner at the top of this page. Then from the drop down list click "shopping home" when you get to that page scroll down to the bottom and on the right under "ordering" click on "gift cards". Then you can select the denomination you want. That's it.

If you happen to order one too many, I'll be glad to take it. :)

> {quote:title=Keaton99 wrote:}{quote}

> I would really love to buy some Buster Keaton films, but because I'm only 13 I don't have any debit or credit card(s). Can I buy or recieve gift cards for the TCM Shop?

If you don't have any credit or debit cards, and want to buy gift cards online...then how do you expect to pay for them? You can have someone else buy the gift cards for you and you can then use them online in the TCM Shop.

> I would really love to buy some Buster Keaton films, but because I'm only 13 I don't have any debit or credit card(s). Can I buy or recieve gift cards for the TCM Shop?

It's tough being 13, nobody seems to take you seriously. I remember how that was, I was 13 once myself. My suggestion would be to call the customer service number 1-888-982-6746 and ask them. I'm pretty sure they have a way to order by mail.

Welcome to the boards! My advice for Buster Keaton films - since classic film wise he's pretty mainstream - is to go to Amazon and look around for deals there. If you want to know how low prices have gone in the past get the ASIN (special Amazon ID number) off of the product you are interested, and go to a site called camelcamelcamel.com. Put in the ASIN number and up will pop Amazon, third party used, and third party new prices for data as far back as the camel site has information. Lowest prices are around Christmas, but this waiting strategy becomes riskier and risker as pressed DVDs go out of print without notice, scalpers get their hands on them, and the studio of origin replaces the pressed DVDs with inferior DVD-Rs at inflated prices.

TCM shoppe is a necessary evil if you want the Universal Rarities or Frank Capra Early Years collections or any of the other collections that TCM has in partnership with other studios, but even the Warner Archive DVD-R films are priced better on the Warner Archive site than they are at TCM shoppe. Plus TCM shoppe has absolutely no limit of which I am aware at which they have free shipping on a regular basis - like Amazon's free shipping policy on purchases over 25 dollars. Plus TCM shipping is sky high. If TCM shoppe fixed this one problem they would be much more competitive. Also, I have yet to get something from TCM shoppe that didn't come packed like the Samsonite Gorillas had done the job - being 13 you'll have no idea what this reference to a 70's commercial is, but you older folks probably remember. If they had been trying to smash my stuff they couldn't have done a better job of it.

I have everything Keaton did that came out on DVD, and I would suggest you start with the big Kino set, mainly because you get the most bang for your buck, even if the transfers are a little old. You can find the

link to the Amazon site for it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Sherlock-Hospitality-Navigator-Steamboat-Battling/dp/B00005QW5A/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

If Blu is your thing, I know some of Buster's work has come out on Blu, but I just haven't pursued that option so I can't help you. To get back to your original issue, you can get Amazon gift cards just as easily as you can get TCM shoppe gift cards, and your dollars will go much further.

No one has answered the question: How does a 13 year old expect to be able to purchase something online if they don't already have a gift card or means of ordering online? Everyone's responses seem to be skipping past that point...some sites won't even allow you to purchase online if you're under 18. How can a person who's 13 even have a job to earn money for spending online, anyway, unless it's something like delivering papers, etc. Also, even if ordering by regular mail...they would only likely accept a money order of some sort...they certainly wouldn't accept cash. How is this kid going to pay for it by snail mail, assuming he can order that way?

People just seem to be ignoring these rather obvious and logical points. No offense to the kid because of their low age...I'm just trying to be sensible and reasonable here.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings