Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Love You, 50 FOOT WOMAN!

VP19,

Thank you for mentioning my favorite ingenue of enormity, Joy Harmon in

Villiage of the Giants.

joydance0lz.jpg

Johnny Crawford dangling so desperately from her dancing yet decidedly

decoupaged decolletage definitely defies description.

Village1.jpg

The clip (with, oh, that music!) is here :

> Time is not kind, nor is fate. She died at age 49. *49!*

Cold are the hands of time that creep along relentlessly, destroying slowly but without pity that which yesterday was young. Alone our memories resist this disintegration and grow more lovely with the passing years.

*Feyda wrote: Cold are the hands of time that creep along relentlessly, destroying slowly but without pity that which yesterday was young. Alone our memories resist this disintegration and grow more lovely with the passing years.*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJV5csu_mlBezKB20sgJp

Heh! That's hard to say with false teeth!

Amazing, isnt it? That's a great quote, its original source being a Preston Sturges comedy. The line can still work when used within a dramatic context, as well.

*Hibi wrote: She deserved better than 50 Foot Woman, though she made an amazing one............*

While I understand your sentiments, the film has given Allison Hayes a touch of immortality with the 50 Foot Woman sci fi/cult crowd, at least, that she wouldn't have otherwise. And as Movie Professor revealed in his great writeup on the film, the film's legacy did help Miss Hayes with some future employment. She could have done a lot worse.

Speaking for myself, the primary reason why I would watch Attack of the 50 Foot Woman a second time is because of Allison Hayes. (Some, I know, will get a kick out of the chintzy special effects).

Allison Hayes, though, was a strikingly attractive lady who seemed to sort of take the silliness of the film seriously. There's kind of an endearing quality to a performance like that. Other films would have a few overt sex bomb giantesses parading about. Hayes' sexiness, while undoubtedly there, is also more subtle, and I think the film benefits from it.

tumblr_m4n7tuY4kK1rub8fco1_250.jpg

A strikingly sexy lady whose casting in the title role adds immeasurably to the hokey film's enjoyment.