Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TCMfan23

The Birds in 3D

I heard Hitchcock's 'The Birds' will be out in theatres for 1 day. How cool would it be if the movie was to be shown in 3D ?

Everyone would be jumping from their seats because they'll see the birds coming at them.

Edited by: TCMfan23 on Sep 3, 2012 11:44 PM

> {quote:title=TCMfan23 wrote:}{quote}

> I heard Hitchcock's 'The Birds' will be out in theatres for 1 day. How cool would it be if the movie was to be shown in 3D ?

Totally uncool. What next, add color to PSYCHO? Have James Stewart spying on naked people in REAR WINDOW?

> Everyone would be jumping from their seats because they'll see the birds coming at them.

To complete the effect, patrons will have bird crap dropped on them, and selected ticket holders will get pecked to death. Can't wait!

A friend of mine has a 3D TV, a blu ray player, the glasses and whatever else is necessary to simulate 3d out of bly ray discs. I suggest that TCMFan23 go that route if he wants to turn "old Hollywood" films into 3D experiences.

Even when Hitchcock had the chance, there's really only one 3D shot worth mentioning in his only 3D film, DIAL M FOR MURDER.

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> To complete the effect, patrons will have bird crap dropped on them, and selected ticket holders will get pecked to death. Can't wait!

No, that would be if William Castle had made the movie with the gimmicks "Crap-fetti" and "Peck-O-Rama"! :^0

3D is nothing new. 3D was around in the 1950s. It's a trend that has come and gone.

It was only an idea. What if The Birds was in 3D ? that's all.

YOU PEOPLE TAKE THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY.

All you guys want to do is start fights. I'm sick of you kind of people. It's like this even on YouTube and other internet boards. You can't freakin' talk to people without some kind of disagreement and exchanging insults.

Let's not talk about me. Talk about 'The Birds'. If you think it's a bad idea, just say so. No need to turn this thread into another flame war.m

I hate modern films. I have mixed feelings about new technology. Some of it's bad. and some is good. No one has to like it. So don't act like your better than others if you use the latest technology. Some people like to stick to what they know. There are some people out there who like 8tracks over CDs and Ipods. Not saying i'm one of those.

> {quote:title=willbefree25 wrote:}{quote}Realllllllllllllly, a THIRD id?

>

> Judas Priest.

...because I've been having regular problems logging in under my other ID and was told by Michael himself to create a new ID for the time being. ]:)

> 3D is nothing new. 3D was around in the 1950s. It's a trend that has come and gone.

>

> It was only an idea. What if The Birds was in 3D ? that's all.

>

> YOU PEOPLE TAKE THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY.

>

> All you guys want to do is start fights. I'm sick of you kind of people. It's like this even on YouTube and other internet boards. You can't freakin' talk to people without some kind of disagreement and exchanging insults.

That's an insult itself. What do you expect people to do...either agree with you or not say anything at all? Why did you post such a thing if you didn't expect people to respond to it?