Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Juggler

wouldbestar

{font:Times New Roman}I turned on my TV in time to see *The Juggler*. It’s one of those movies that leave you unable to do anything but just sit in front of the set drained of emotion and wonder if you really saw anything that moving. This was my first time seeing it and I thank TCM for finally giving me that opportunity.{font}

{font:Times New Roman}Kirk Douglas has written about the discrimination he faced in employment, education and even in Hollywood because he is Jewish. Perhaps he was able to utilize this in his portrayal of Hans because it’s one of his best. The man obviously suffered from a form of DSS after years in the Nazi camps and the loss of his family-and we seem to only relate that to Viet Nam. You hope that his punishment for assaulting the cop is not severe and he is able to start a life with Yael. {font}

{font:Times New Roman}This movie reminds us that the scars of war remain long after the combat stops. A wonderful little gem I’m glad I finally saw. {font}

I too thought it a very good film, wouldbe.

--------------SPOILER ALERT-----------------

I'd just like to add that the hopeful ending somewhat pleasantly surprised me, as I had a feeling that if this film had been made some 15 to 20 years later, Hans(Kirk Douglas) would have most likely been shot dead by Detective Karni(Paul Stewart) at the end, as it seemed by the mid-1960s, movies with hopeful endings had fallen out of favor.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings