Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vecchiolarry

Larry's Classic Star Reminiscences

I have asked my cousin (the computer nerd) to help me post some pictures of Nell and me and some of her husbands.

I have a couple of my 65th birthday last month. So, you can peruse the ruin I've become.

Also, I may revive the Russia thread and post pictures of the people and places I was in.

If anyone's interested that is....>>

Raising my hand!

Count me as very interested!

Larry:

Two hands up!!!!!

Also knitter, thank you for your post, you summed up some of the things I've wanted to say for a long, long, time.

Anne

Message was edited by:

mrsl

I'm sitting in the Land of Oz, frantically waving both hands!!!! Please keep sharing, Larry, and is the "From Russia with Love" thread gone with the wind, or is it still available? I couldn't find it...phooey!!!!

I am 3 yrs younger than you, and I firmly believe we are SEASONED, not ruined by age. Think of Robert Duvall telling anyone who would listen in "Lonesome Dove", 'the older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune'. Or something like that.

hugs on your birthday!

Nancy

Larry, I too would like to see some of the pictures. It would be nice to see some of the 'players' who were part of your wonderful recollections while growing up in Tinseltown.

I have 3 people wanting to pump my brains about another Pola Negri book and one on Lana Turner and one on Martha Raye. Too bad bozo's, but no way......>>

Larry,

I would love to read those books if you contributed stories to them.

Hi Knitter,

Yes, "From Russia with Love" is still on this General Discussion board from Setember 8th to October 1st last year.

Use the 'Search' button above here and type in 'FRwL' and it comes up....

Larry

Larry,

I'd like to see any pictures that you might like to share, particularly those of your Russian trip, which was a vicarious adventure for many of us.

Larry whatever you decide to do is good for the message boards. It will bring "Class" back in the "Classic". I tire of all these arguments on these threads and look for a safe haven where I can actually enjoy something for a change. So for Gods Sake if you have any pity for what is going on....Please give us "Sanctuary!" LOL

Bartlett

Good Morning Bartlett,

Wow, you make me sound like a priest; I'm rushing out right now to take Holy Orders!!

I'll be in my Sanctuary tomorrow to hear your confession - - oh wait! - - it probably should be me confessing!!!!!

You also provide a great and welcome service by maintaining the Happy Birthday thread. This is an important one and very much appreciated by all of us!!! Thank you...

Larry

Hello Everybody,

I just want to say that as well as the "Happy Birthday" thread, the "In the Spotlight' thread, the "Ask Mongo" thread, the "Gallery of Stars" thread, the "Gallery of Characters" thread and all the 'favourite star' threads are very important, educational and interesting for us all.

Thanks and congratulations to the originators!!

Larry

Larry,

Your first-hand accounts of Hollywood lore are manna from heaven to me. We are so fortunate to have you on the boards. I'm sorry to hear that you are down on participating in documentaries. It seems to me that TCM could make very good use of you as a "talking head," or at least a "talking voice" to supplement the presentations of the hosts and the little reminiscence segments (that we don't get nearly enough of) between films.

Frankly, I'm surprised that you haven't been approached by TCM before. Or have you? I'd love to see a few "Larry's Classic Star Reminiscences" segments on the air. Your perspectives are a bit different than what we generally get, and would be very welcome by true classic film aficianados.

What do our fellow posters think?

> Larry,

> It seems to me that TCM could make very good use of you as a

> "talking head," or at least a "talking voice" to

> supplement the presentations of the hosts and the

> little reminiscence segments (that we don't get

> nearly enough of) between films.

>

> What do our fellow posters think?

A Big YES!!........But only if Larry's voice sounds like Ronald Colman and not Billie Burke!!

Bartlett

"I just want to say that as well as the "Happy Birthday" thread, the "In the Spotlight' thread, the "Ask Mongo" thread, the "Gallery of Stars" thread, the "Gallery of Characters" thread and all the 'favourite star' threads are very important, educational and interesting for us all."

Thank you, Larry. I appreciate that, especially coming from you.

Joe

Larry,

I agree with everything jdb1 says. I've been reading this thread since the "get-go" (beginning) and I really like your stories. I pick you as guest programmer...if the contest is a real thing. So, sign up for the contest and win...okay?

I have a question...on average, when does hot weather (summer) begin in Calgary and how many days does summer last? Note...I think "hot" is over 95 degrees.

Rusty

Mongo...you did all the work on the Birthday Thread, I only "Embellish It" ( Plus proof read your Blatant Typos LOL) Thank you both ( Larry & Mongo ) for being there with your outstanding threads!

Bartlett

Dear Larry

This must be the last remaining thread that is still 'Relatively' uncontaminated by our resident lunatic.

Sanctuary indeed.

Keep up the good work.

Best wishes

Presteign

This must be the last remaining thread that is still 'Relatively' uncontaminated by our resident lunatic.

Well, a resident lunatic is still reading it and posting obscene parodies on the Suggest A Movie page. I really wish they'd go back to their old format and eliminate the public display of people's suggestions. It just gives these idiots another outlet for posting their garbage.

Larry:

Have you said anything to TCM about that moron using your name and location on the suggest a movie? They are using YOUR name and I'M angry. What is happening?!?!

Anne

Sorry Larry

I should keep my big mouth shut.

Don't be drawn into this.

Be Aloof.

Best Wishes

Presteign

Actually, Presteign, you've just totally confirmed what I've believed in all along -- when in doubt, just say whatever first comes to mind. We're both more alike than you realize! ;)

Dear Larry:

I have just spent the entire day reading this thread from the beginning (while on the phone trying to handle pressing business! :) )

What a life that you have led and what wonderful knowledge that you possess!

Please, Please, if you could tell me anything about my favorite stars?

George Raft

Kay Francis

Paul Muni

John Garfield

Glenn Ford

Dana Andrews

Regards,

Shonna Weissmuller Smith

Hello Everyone,

Just got back from lunch with some former co-workers. A Vietnamese place and had beef and onions on rice; with a rye and 7 highball and I?m stuffed.

Yesterday, I went out to brunch with friends and had a 4 egg omelette with 3 cheeses and bacon and mushrooms and I?m still stuffed from that!!

Can you say, ?Pig out, big time!? I may never eat again??.

Now to get down to business:

Shonna ?

I?m sorry to tell you but I didn?t know any of those people.

But, I see by your name that you?re a Weissmuller. Are you related to Johnny Weissmuller? If so, we would like to know any memories you would have of him and anyone else you may have known.

Rusty ?

Calgary is usually in the 80?s to mid 90?s in July, August and September. The weather is usually good at Stampede time, the first two weeks in July. You should come for Stampede, it?s wild!!

Calgary winters are fairly mild for the most part because of Chinook winds roaring down the Rockies and bringing warm air from the Pacific.

Presteign ?

Oh, The Fungus is always around ? still delusional, pathetic and a nuisance.

One needs to ignore it always and never respond??

A message to The Fungus from all of us:

There has been a lack of suicides off the Golden Gate Bridge of late;

please feel free to fill that quota! And soon...

Anne ?

I?m afraid that I don?t know what you?re talking about. I looked for that ?Movie Suggestion? thread but can?t find it.

I can assure everyone that I have never posted a suggestion for a movie.

If someone is using my ID, then I?ll have my nerdy cousin look into it and close down ?whoever?s? computer. He can do that and will, I?ll insist???..

Larry

Message was edited by:

vecchiolarry