Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's a Dog's Life-

9656870619_f7a88c7e66_z.jpg

O God, Thou art my God, early will I seek Thee. My soul thirsteth for Thee. My flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land.So as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary.My soul followeth hard after Thee. But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.They shall fall by the sword, they shall be a portion for foxes.: But the king shall rejoice in God. Everyone that sweareth by Him shall glory. But the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

General Patton and his beloved Willie aka William the Conqueror

Jake in the Heartland

• 2 weeks later...

True Love!

sweetheart-dogs.jpg

Ben (left) and Jade (right) are canine sweethearts. Photo: Tribune Star

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two stray dogs met on the streets of Terre Haute and fell in love. Ben, a 4.5 year old mixed breed and Jade, a 1-year-old German Shepherd mix were well known in the Indiana community. Good Samaritans made sure the pair had food, but when Jade became pregnant last summer, the Terre Haute Humane Society caught them and brought them to the shelter.

The bonded pair were kept together and when Jade had her puppies, she stayed in a foster home until the puppies could be adopted out. The new mother and father were reunited back at the shelter until Courtney and Jason Lawler decided they wanted to adopt Ben.

They had him for about three weeks when he ran away to find his beloved mate. He trekked 10 miles through freezing cold until he found his way back to Jade at the shelter a day later.

Although Ben clearly wanted to reunite with Jade, he also knew the shelter workers wanted to catch him and were using Jade to lure him out, Kali Skinner, of the Humane Society, explained to the Tribune Star.

On one occasion, Ben caught sight of Jade on the other side of a fence and ran over to her and kissed her through the fencing.

After a few more attempts, shelter staff managed to catch the evasive Ben and reunite him with Jade. When the bonded pair saw each other, they were overjoyed. When Courtney and Jason learned what Ben had done, they knew then that Jade had to become part of their family too. "He'd keep getting loose if we took him and not her," Courtney told NBC2 News.

Ben and Jade "want to be together" said Debbie Floyd, president of the Humane Society board. "There hasn?t been a lot of human love in their lives. They found love with each other and that what?s make them happy. Hopefully, they will live their lives happily ever after."

ben-jade.jpg

Ben and Jade make a perfect couple. This is not an unusual story. My Barney and Daisey were like that as well. I got him first and when I walked him through the housing project across the street Daisey and he would connect. When Daisey's excuse for people left her there when moving on she began following us home and it became obviously Barney wanted her with us. They were a team for seven years until "older woman" Daisey died. Barney went two years later and they're buried side by side in my old yard.

Jake, such beautiful photos! I especially love the little dachshund, what a face!

Thought you guys would enjoy this story

*Pictured: The adorable and unlikely friendship between a fox and a dog that's being turned into a children's fairytale book.*

They are the real life fox and hound, their touching relationship proving that friendship can survive despite background and social pressure, or in the case of these two, natural instincts.

Sniffer the wild fox and Tinni the domestic dog met by chance one day in the woods of Norway and their very unlikely friendship blossomed.

Tinni's owner who lives in the forest with his dog, is photographer Torgeir Berge and he has been at hand to capture every heartwarming moment between the two best of friends as they frolic and roll in the secluded woods.

article-2518490-19DA7EFF00000578-753_964

article-2518490-19DA7F3F00000578-877_964

article-2518490-19DA7EDD00000578-280_964

article-2518490-19DA7F3B00000578-66_964x

article-2518490-19DA7F2F00000578-47_964x

article-2518490-19DA7F1800000578-652_964

article-2518490-19DA7F0B00000578-53_964x

article-2518490-19DA7F2700000578-343_964

article-2518490-19DA7F4300000578-194_964

article-2518490-19DA7F1F00000578-25_964x

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2518490/The-adorable-unlikely-friendship-fox-dog-thats-turned-childrens-fairytale.html

• TomJH changed the title to It's A Dog's Life On Film