Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's a Dog's Life-

Thank you, Jake. I also watched the "Coming Home", Bud 2013 and the "25 Best Super Bowl Ads" videos. You made my day!

Winter Park, where "Coming Home" took place is just north of Orlando so this was enjoyable to watch. My favorite ad is the 'Wassup" with the alien spy disguised as a dog and it was included in the 25 along with some other cute animal ads. You did it again !

>Thank you, Jake. I also watched the "Coming Home", Bud 2013 and the "25 Best Super Bowl Ads" videos. You made my day!

You're welcome Star.

By the way, I believe Seattle will win the game in a close one.

Think they got a little better defense. That's usually the difference.

Defense wins big games.

Enjoy the game and have a great weekend.

Jake.

You were right! I just gave up on the massacre and switched to the *Puppy Bowl* I taped today while watching the *Kitten Bowl.* (Yes, I know they're nonsense but they help place animals in good homes.) I was for Denver because of Elway and Manning being such decent guys but after those news pieces about Derrick Coleman it would be neat to see him with a Super Bowl ring and hope he can hear the cheers.

Half the *PB* players are female which I doubt you will, or should, see in the NFL. Enjoy the boys being boys!

>You were right! I just gave up on the massacre and switched to the Puppy Bowl I taped today while watching the Kitten Bowl. I was for Denver because of Elway and Manning being such decent guys but after those news pieces about Derrick Coleman it would be neat to see him with a Super Bowl ring and hope he can hear the cheers.

I'm no football genius, Star. But I've watched enough college and

pro games to know that if a great offense faces a great defense

most of the time the team with the great defense will win.

I'm an ardent NO Saints fan and the best thing that ever happened

to them was to have Peyton Manning and the Colts face them in

the Super Bowl.

Jake

:) Congradulations, Seahawks! Didn't you all come into the League when the Bucaneers did? I know you've had some good years when Jim Zorn was there as well as bag-on-your-heads times as we did. I'm glad you're now feeling what we did 11 years ago.

I left the Pupppies at their half and will return after seattle gets their trophies. That score was closer.

:) It's Herrre! *The Westminster Dog Show* begins tomorrow night and continues Tuesday.

That Springsteen song, 57 Channels and Nothing On, will not apply this week. *31 Days, The Winter Olympics* - my favorite - and *Westminster* all at one time. I'm with the dogs and taping *Foreign* *Corresponent,* the only film that interests me. Feast or famine!

I was for the Corgi-even though I like the Pembrokes over the Cardigans-or the Bloodhound. I had a feeling the Fox Terrier would get it as she had won the National and AKC shows already. Actually I was not that impressed with the finalists this year except for these two.

I guess it could have been worse-the Poodle could have won. I saw a couple of "un-Frenched" ones in the agility competition and they looked adorable just the way they were. Leave them alone!

>I was for the Corgi-even though I like the Pembrokes over the Cardigans-or the Bloodhound. I had a feeling the Fox Terrier would get it as she had won the National and AKC shows already. Actually I was not that impressed with the finalists this year except for these two.

>I guess it could have been worse-the Poodle could have won. I saw a couple of "un-Frenched" ones in the agility competition and they looked adorable just the way they were. Leave them alone.

Star,

I liked Nathan the Blood Hound and would have been very happy to

see him the winner if the Corgi could not make it.

Ah, but the tails for the Pembrokes present a problem for the world

we live in today.

Poodles are actually very good hunting dogs and, like you, I have no

use for the costume presented.

Have a great weekend.

Jake in the Heartland.

Edited by: JakeHolman on Feb 15, 2014 7:18 PM

Jake wrote:

Ah, but the tails for the Pembrokes present a problem for the world

we live in today.

Jake, the Cardigans are the ones with the tails and pointier ears as our friend who competed. The Pembrokes have softer faces, more rounded ears and no tail. Like the Queen, I like them better.

That pic of Sky, the winner was great. Terriers have won the most and every country seems to have its own. Since they keep the vermin away from the farm produce that's only natural and they certainly earn their keep. Most of my favorite breeds are from the Sporting or Herding Groups but the Working has some nice ones and there's a Terrier for everybody.

>Jake, the Cardigans are the ones with the tails and pointier ears as our friend who competed. The Pembrokes have softer faces, more rounded ears and no tail. Like the Queen, I like them better.

corgi-long-tail.jpg

I was referring to the docking of the Pembrokes' tails that is

sometimes done, especially with breeders. Docking is banned

in some countries.

Both are fine dogs and I see a Pembroke a lot when I go to my

favorite park to walk.

Take care.

Jake

Edited by: JakeHolman on Feb 17, 2014 11:26 PM

• TomJH changed the title to It's A Dog's Life On Film