Daisysmama

It's a Dog's Life-

3447546672_9a0f7068a1.jpg

4207002788_deb49406a2.jpg

Corbis-SF38676.jpg?size=67&uid=4f0a900d-

aclarkgabledoglawn_opt.jpg

Jake in the Heartland

Edited by: JakeHolman on Oct 2, 2012 11:29 AM

Lon Chaney Jr. and his German shepherd pal, Moose. Moose was a studio dog who wandered onto the set of one of Lon's films, and he and Lon became fast friends. Moose plays the wolf who bites Lon in *The Wolf Man* .No matter what makeup Lon was wearing, Moose always recognized him (I love the shot of Moose licking Lon's face in the Mummy makeup). Sadly, in 1944 during the filming of Cobra Woman (which Lon costarred in), Moose was run down by a truck. A sad day for all. I've always loved these loving shots of Lon and Moose.

tumblr_lgg7a66tgj1qaun7do1_500.jpg

tumblr_l963x17t7T1qaun7do1_500.jpg

moose1.jpg

moose3.jpg

tumblr_m2j9e3amrd1qaun7do1_500.jpg

Lon and Moose with Ilona Massey on the set of *Frankenstein meets The Wolf Man* (Moose plays the dog who barks at Lon when he enters the gypsy camp in the movie).

scan0010v.jpg

dpompper-

I cannot speak about MinPins, not being next door, but my beloved Miniature Schnauzer, Max, can be quite "talkative" at times. He just has things to say.

2yoo07s.jpg

Edited by: casablancalover2 on Oct 2, 2012 9:53 PM

> {quote:title=casablancalover2 wrote:

> }{quote}Thanks for the gentle correction, musicalnovelty. Got it.

>

> It's now too late for me to fix; sorry, it stands with my bad. Ironically, Dalmatian misspelled was caught on my spell checker but I must have been Disney misty-eyed and missed it.

>

> 2eouuxv.png

> Forgive me.

Hey, thanks for not minding my correction! Obviously we can't mention every time we catch someone misspelling something, but I thought that one was worth it. After all, it's a thread about dogs.

And even though I've mentioned that I'm a "cat guy" and never really cared for dogs, I have to admit, that's a pretty darn cute one in the photo you posted!

Here's a comedy short about a dalmatian ("the one with the freckles"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB9JQ4hUWjQ

Casa, Max is so gorgeous! They do like to make their feelings known, don't they. Miss Daisy often has something to say, especially if someone is at the door!

SonOfUniversalHorror, That's so sad that the poor dog was killed but I really enjoyed the photos and the story, thank you!

Here is something more recent from the movie "Snatch", it's NSFW and I am sorry about the terrible language! It's just hilarious.

Edited by: Daisysmama on Oct 3, 2012 6:47 AM

> {quote:title=Daisysmama wrote:}{quote}

>

> SonOfUniversalHorror, That's so sad that the poor dog was killed but I really enjoyed the photos and the story, thank you!

>

Glad you enjoyed it. It must have been a sad day not only for Lon in particular but for many at the studio when Moose died.

I just replaced the Mummy photo below with a larger and better one. You can more clearly see Moose licking Lon's "mummified" face".

They do appear to have had a wonderful relationship and I'm sure that was a very sad day indeed.

In regards to the great MM photo, I did a little investigating and as I suspected, the dachshund with Marilyn Monroe is not hers. You can just tell, because dachshunds only really like *thier* people. But it's still a lovely photo.

Here are 2 more from that day and a little bio:

In March 1959 Marilyn was awarded the French Crystal Star for best Foreign Actress (for The Prince and the Showgirl). She accepted the award at the French Ambassador's home, and was enchanted by his two Dachshunds. Indeed, she spent a great deal of time cuddling and fussing over these little dogs, and some really lovely pictures were captured.

mm_CrystalStar_26feb1959_with_DogsOfAmba

mm_CrystalStar_26feb1959_with_DogsOfAmba

Edited by: Daisysmama on Oct 3, 2012 5:51 PM

> {quote:title=SonOfUniversalHorror wrote:

> }{quote}Lon Chaney Jr. and his German shepherd pal, Moose.

> No matter what makeup Lon was wearing, Moose always recognized him (I love the shot of Moose licking Lon's face in the Mummy makeup).

>

>

>

>

> tumblr_m2j9e3amrd1qaun7do1_500.jpg

>

Moose is probably saying, "Hey I thought you was my Daddy. But you look more like my Mummy!"

And by the way (if anyone was wondering) that still is from the 1942 Universal movie THE MUMMY'S TOMB.

{color:blue}download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f312890%5fAL

Every Dog Needs a Cat -- Our Cats Huddled up with our dog in the

Winter in his dog house with straw and other warm things unless

it was so cold Mom would let 'em inside.

Jake in the Heartland

*"Beautiful sentiment and photo, casablancalover".. yes!*

p490969795-3.jpg

*WHEEEEEEE!!!!*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB4ZZ22BR0qeQyhvgSaXX

*IT'S FRIDAY!!*

spaceout.gif

Buster.jpg

*HAPPY FRIDAY!!*

*I love the dog blog, thank you!!*

Edited by: Daisysmama on Oct 5, 2012 6:43 PM

"Look, Rover, I'm the star of this picture. Don't think I don't know what you're trying to do, upstaging me like this."

2mh7rj4.jpg

"I know the beautiful lady paid more attention to me, Cary, but can I help being so handsome and charming?"

2j1vtjm.jpg

6471523281_929895bc9d.jpg

Prime Bluetick Hound -- University of Tennessee Volunteers' football mascot.

Jake in the Heartland

In keeping with the humor,

Two dogs dining..

29w4e1x.png

The video is here-

The hand gestures are the best!

They did train the dogs to use the forks..

Edited by: casablancalover2 on Oct 6, 2012 9:56 PM

Edited by: casablancalover2 on Oct 6, 2012 10:03 PM