Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's a Dog's Life-

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what's only ten days away?  Two whole nights of barking valentines-February 13th and 14th.  Bring it on Westminster!

Loved the Doxie under the blankets with his head on the pillow.  I had a cat who would do that; most of my dogs huddled up next to me on top of the bedding.  I wish I had enough room to make a proper home for one again.

USDA abruptly purges animal welfare information from its website

The U.S. Department of Agriculture on Friday abruptly removed inspection reports and other information from its website about the treatment of animals at thousands of research laboratories, zoos, dog breeding operations and other facilities.

Animal welfare organizations quickly condemned the removal of the information, which they called unexpected and said would allow animal abuse to go unchecked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/02/03/the-usda-abruptly-removes-animal-welfare-information-from-its-website/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.cc67ffe75ccd

Why did the show go from USA to Fox?  What were they thinking?  A few more years of this and televising it will be dead.  This was the worst broadcast of it I've seen in almost 30 years of viewing.

USA was able to run the 8 periods of judging in 6 hours flat and provide much canine education in between.  Their commentators were always professional, knowledgeable and often humorous.  They were dog owners themselves and knew first hand of what they spoke.  There was no junk news about who was tweeting or hashtaging what.  

To Fox this show seemed just an excuse for two nights of promoting the Daytona 500.  They ran the same pet product commercials ad nauseaum  and some breaks were 10 minutes long.  The lady with the lead commentator knew her business but rather than informative the back-stage reporting was mostly nonsense.

Monday night went at least 15 minutes over and last night the winner was named at 11:45 EST rather than the usual 11.  I was taping the show in case I fell asleep and thought to tape the 30-minute "post show" as well but even with that I would have missed the end had I not been awake.  This was all about Fox and its advertisers not the dogs. 

I know there have been several new breeds recognized these past few years and that might make the competition a bit longer but tightening up the broadcast and remembering who we really tune in to see would take care of that.  They need to make a lot of changes before next year if they want to keep being the host team.

I had four other dogs, including Adrian the Setter, in front of Rumor but at least it wasn't the Poodle.  I only hope "Frenching" gets outlawed someday as they are so cute au Natural.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • TomJH changed the title to It's A Dog's Life On Film