Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's a Dog's Life-

5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

There is already a thread "It's a Dog's Life" why start another one?

I forgot about it. I'm sure the moderators will probably blend them together so no big deal.

• TomJH changed the title to It's A Dog's Life On Film

DOTUS: The Bidens’ Dogs Champ and Major Honored With Twitter Tribute Account

There’s no whining in the White House!

".....German shepherds Champ and Major Biden have no official ties with the tribute Twitter account that launched Sunday according to the Biden campaign, but neither pooch should be whining about it.

“We are the First Dogs of the USA, Champ and Major Biden,” their Twitter profile said. “You can call us #DOTUS. We love nom noms, snuggles and we can’t wait to explore the WH!”

Early tweets feature to-die-for photos and awful dog puns, like “pawsidential,” “pawsitive” and “pawblic.” (The pooches refer to Joe Biden as “Dad.”) They also gave a woof-out to supportive “doggos” that stood by the humans who fought for Biden (Beto O’Rourke and Sen. Elizabeth Warren  (D-Mass.).

• 2 weeks later...

This dog is the spitting image of my own, including his colours. The shih tzu is a great little dog. Sammy doesn't flip the dinner dish like this one. He merely sits beside it when he's hungry and looks up at me.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/18/2020 at 10:57 AM, TomJH said:

This dog is the spitting image of my own, including his colours. The shih tzu is a great little dog. Sammy doesn't flip the dinner dish like this one. He merely sits beside it when he's hungry and looks up at me.

My dog supposedly is a cross between a shih tzu and lhasa apso and the head is similar.  He can throw a much better tantrum than this.  I inherited him from my sister and blame and "parenting."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

My dog supposedly is a cross between a shih tzu and lhasa apso and the head is similar.  He can throw a much better tantrum than this.  I inherited him from my sister and blame and poor "parenting."

I've had three pure bred shih tzus and one pure bred lhasa apso. The three shih tzus all had lovely personalities but the lhasa apso, while a dog I liked very much, was inclined towards stubbornness and temper tantrums. He was also, I discovered, a small dog with a big bite. On the other hand, I never had to be concerned about a bite from the shih tzus.

As far as health is concerned, it's generally better to get a mutt than a pure bred. My vet confirmed this, by the way.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, TomJH said:

I've had three pure bred shih tzus and one pure bred lhasa apso. The three shih tzus all had lovely personalities but the lhasa apso, while a dog I liked very much, was inclined towards stubbornness and temper tantrums. He was also, I discovered, a small dog with a big bite. On the other hand, I never had to be concerned about a bite from the shih tzus.

As far as health is concerned, it's generally better to get a mutt than a pure bred. My vet confirmed this, by the way.

I too, over a time, had three pedigree Shih-Tzus .   One was stolen(we think) and the next two died.  They did have pleasantly adorable personalities.  Only one of them ever got mean, but only if you came anywhere near her when she was gnawing on one of her beloved pig's ears.  ;)  She lasted 14 years and my wife and I returned home from somewhere one night in 2014 and found her lying dead on our bedroom floor.  That was shortly after I had to postpone/cancel surgery for her to remove a uterine tumor because the vet discovered her blood wasn't coagulating properly.  :(  

Buried her in the backyard.  Really miss that dog.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

I've had several dogs in my life, the first one was a basset hound named Archie.  We got him after Alfred, his brother, died because he wasn't given his shots.  Archie was shown in two local dog shows and won blue ribbons (might have been only one).  Then he became the dog who protected us and all my friends in the neighborhood.  My last dog was a Heinz 57 from the SPCA (lab/pit bull mix).  She lived for almost 13 years and we fought terribly at first, but then we relied on each other.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

I've had several dogs in my life, the first one was a basset hound named Archie.  We got him after Alfred, his brother, died because he wasn't given his shots.  Archie was shown in two local dog shows and won blue ribbons (might have been only one).  Then he became the dog who protected us and all my friends in the neighborhood.  My last dog was a Heinz 57 from the SPCA (lab/pit bull mix).  She lived for almost 13 years and we fought terribly at first, but then we relied on each other.

We had a basset hound when I was a kid. Very nice dog with a laid back personality. But every time Casey shook her head there was drool all over the walls as well as a cloud of hair slowly descending around her. She was not unlike a sort of a canine version of a willow tree (which I've also had), lovely to look at but messy with a lot of cleanup required.

• Like 1