Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is Your Favorite Games?

• 1 month later...

I've a feeling the original poster may have stayed awhile if users wouldn't have complained.

Just saying.

Board games: Clue, Monopoly and Scrabble

Present app games (those change moment by moment): Word to Word, Cut the Rope, Where's My Water and Bubble Shoot.

Xbox: LA Noire

For board games I would say Monopoly is my favorite. Every once in a while my friends and I get together to play board games - they are fun, and a nice nostalgic reminder of our pasts (especially with all the technology that has come since; I wonder if board games aren't thought of as dinosaurs in this day and age).

I also like backgammon, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, checkers, and I used to play Life a lot when I was young.

For computer games, I like relaxing over Spider Solitaire, sometimes with good music in the background.

I should warn all of a game called: Same Game. It is included with many forms of Linux.

It is the most evil of games because it is so simple and it seems so easy but it eats time like a wolf among lambs and it always leaves you one "I should have done ... instead of ..." away from a perfect game.

• 2 weeks later...

> {quote:title=ValentineXavier wrote:}{quote}

> Playing tiddly winks with manhole covers.

Do you use chocolate-covered ones? :)

I realize that is an obscure reference. Larry Niven wrote a story in which people at parties were asked: "What can you say about chocolate-covered manhole covers?" It was part of a covert search for people with a certain level of intelligence, audacity and wit. It is a parable about the dangers of being absurd because those who responded best were chosen to be the seed stock for populating a barren planet.