Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Possessed

princessananka

Despite its glossy, top production values and good cast, the story is totally predictable of a demon child possessed by--what else, a demonof some kind.

Although the possessed girl begins to show alarming symptoms soon after buying a cursed chest, it takes everyone around her forever to finally figure there must be something wrong. For instance, when she opens her mouth at one point, an army of motas fly out. In the next scene, the father asks, "Are you feeling okay?"

The script was way too predicable but there is just so much you can do with a posession story. I thought the film had some creepy moments early on but I didn't believe how quickly the father went from a basketball coach to an expert on demomic posession. Once he to finds the Jewish exorcist the movie becomes progresibly silly and preposterous. The movie reminded me of " The Manitou" but instead of an evil medicene man we have a dybbuk. Sam Raimi who produced this should know better

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings