Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charater Actors for SOTM or SUTS

MovieGal53

TCM, may we please have a Summer Under the Stars featuring character actors? Or a year in which you bestow Star of the Month on 12 of them.

Beulah Bondi's films alone would fill an entire month so I place this idea for your consideration.

MovieGal, I totally agree with you and with your choice for the inaugural celebrant! Is there anyone who personifies the greatness of classic films as well as *Beulah Bondi* ? I would particularly like to see The Trail of the Lonesome Pine, one of Ms. Bondi's many films in which she truly excels. And the diversity of films that could be shown! She even made a horror film with Karloff and Lugosi: The Invisible Ray.

Swithin,

Beulah Bondi was one of THE most underrated actress's in the history of film. Yes, that sounds dramatic but her range was incredible. My most favorite role of her's was Lucy in MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW. Ms. Bondi never fails to bring me to tears each time I see that film.

Agnes Moorehead is another exceptional example along with Mae Robson, Lucille Watson, Charlie Ruggles, James Mitchell, and the list goes on.

It would be wonderful if TCM shines the spotlight on all of them for a change.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings