Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! What movie has a choreographer taking out bad guys with his dancing?

DarlaJM

Looking for the name of a movie TCM has shown within the last 3 years. The movie came out before 1970. The plot revolves around a man who claims to be in one city, but is really in another. This is to keep him alive long enough for a newspaper story to be printed and a mob kingpin gets taken away. The man's ex-wife is involved with a theatrical production. (I think she's a fashion designer.) In one scene the choreographer takes out some thugs with his dance moves in an alley behind the theater. The man hides in a hotel with an ex-boxer bodyguard. I think the ex-boxer is called Mike. Thank you. This is driving me crazy because I could've sworn the choregrapher was Bob Fosse (no, I'm not thinking of My Sister Eileen) and the star was Cary Grant.

It was Jack Cole, just recetly featured on Monday night, September 10th, and Robert Osborne was discussing his talents and accomplishments with the wonderful Debra Levine, who posted a thread in Hot Topics. An enjoyable evening of dance on film!

Follow this link to read all about it:

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=166020&tstart=0

No problem, Darla! And I hope you both are able to enjoy that wonderful film soon! Lauren Bacall discussed how working in that enjoyable comedy helped save her sanity while she was emoting for *Designing Woman* and dealing with husband Humphrey Bogart's devastating last days during his final illness in the recently aired interview she did with Robert Osborne in 2005 for *Private Screenings*.

> {quote:title=SueSueApplegate wrote:}{quote}

> Wouldbestar, I know you will love it! Take care. :)

:) I loved what I saw of it but that was only about 45 minutes or so. :_| I was up most of the night with a stomach ailment and couldn't keep awake more than ten minutes at a time before nodding off for another ten. I will watch for it again at a more reasonable hour. If only it had gone first instead of HTMAM which I've seen more times than I can count.

There's a funny thing about that movie. In one scene Ms. Bacall wears a gray belted jumper dress with very large sheer white sleeves and a straight skirt. Five years later I had one like it except that the skirt was fuller and the sleeves narrower. I proudly wore it the last day of school where a male classmate ran a red lipstick down one sleeve as a prank. It never quite came out and despite my protests I was never allowed to wear it again. When I saw a "movie star" wearing an adult version it seemed an omen that I'd be one too. So much for omens; I wouldn't have looked that good in it anyway even as a size ten which I really once was.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings