Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Favor to Ask From A Member of Silver Screen Oasis Board.

PinkPeril

Hello all,

This might not be the right place to ask but I had to try.

Over on the Silver Screen Oasis messageboard, I found a post that made my eyes pop out of my head. Someone there is friends with a couple of ladies who worked in the hairdressing department at Columbia. And had worked on the movie Cover Girl. A movie with some of the most gorgeous hairstyles of the 1940's.

The color, the curls, the shine! I love it. It was all movie magic but still, to know the details of how they did it. What products they used, the methods of styling. So many questions.

Books from beauty schools, gossip magazines, even salon guides, they just don't talk about Hollywood did it. A mention of oil shampoos here, a vinegar rinse there, but nothing more specific.

So my problem. I signed up to the board to ask the poster kingme if his friends had ever mentioned the technical deatils of the work they did or if they'd remember. But I think I got flagged as a spammer and have had my IP banned. The administrator must be busy as I haven't gotten any replies to my emails.

So I was hoping someone here was a member there or knows kingme and could ask him for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested to know the beauty secrets of Hollywood hair.

Thanks in advance for any help or maybe suggestions on books or know the answers to my questions I'd be grateful. And I apologize for not wording my post better.

~Pink

PinkPeril,

Please PM so that we can work together to get signed up at the Oasis.

To send a PM, just click on my user name and it will take to a screen with my info. In the upper left corner, it will say Private Message User,

click on that and you should be able to compose a PM and send it to me!

Thanks!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings