Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Event Series: Who's going to see them?

magnoliasouth

I'm talking about the movies that they are suddenly putting out in theaters for one night only. I have bought tickets for this coming Wednesday's The Birds and just bought tickets for E.T. on 10/3. I am very excited about both.

I would have preferred a different Hitchcock film (I am a SERIOUS) Hitchcock fan so even though The Birds is my least favorite, I will still go, just so I can say I saw his movie on the big screen.

I saw E.T. in theaters when it originally came out. I went with some friends and my mom and step-father were dying to go so they went with us. My step-father went with us and has since passed away. Aside from the fact that the movie is excellent and a modern classic, it was the first time my step-father ever shed a tear by watching a movie... or so he said anyway.

Unfortunately, my husband will be out of town for the Frankenstein double feature. That's not something I would normally see, but I think I would enjoy it if my husband went with me. It would be one of those, you-have-to-share-it things. It just wouldn't be as exciting by myself, I don't believe.

To Kill a Mockinbird may have been a really great movie in its day, but I have never liked political message movies and that one falls into that category. I've seen it, because I had to. We had to watch it in school and it does send a very strong social message, which I'm sure was good in its day. We're way past the issue today and creatively speaking, it lacks imagination. Sure, it's sad but sad doesn't make a great movie. I'm sure many disagree but that's how I feel and we're all entitled to that.

By the way, does anyone know of any future events? I was disheartened to learn that there is no official page about these events at TCM, or if there is I cannot find it. I can only find a short list at Fathom Events and that only has a few there.

So any thoughts? Anything you're interested in? Anything you're not? Why or why not?

I just hope that people buy these tickets and go. I have a feeling this is a test run to see how popular these events will be. If we share it with friends and family, perhaps this will generate enough interest to keep the "Event Series" a series.

*Lawrence of Arabia* is coming October 4th.You can always check out Fathom Events for more information if you click on the "all events" link: http://m.fathomevents.com/Upcoming/Default.aspx

And since this isn't an official event of the TCM Film Festival, you might have more luck with generating a discussion in the Hot Topics Forum if you repost your comments there.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings